Web page is unavailable

jennferg

Reaction score
I have wifi in my home, and I want to connect my D1 to access the wireless. It will not, when I hit browser, it says web page is not available. Anybody know why?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have wifi in my home, and I want to connect my D1 to access the wireless. It will not, when I hit browser, it says web page is not available. Anybody know why?

Signal strength? Whats you security? is it wpa2?

OP
J

jennferg

Reaction score
Singnal strength is excellent/good. Yes it wpa, and its secure.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Make certain that you have the right password in. I always end up making 1 mistake while putting in my password and then it says its connected and its not really. Apart from that, my next idea would be reseting the wifi stuff. If it still doesnt work then the next step would be finding a completly non secure, NO SECURITY wifi to see if your droid will even connect to that. (if it doesnt then go back to VZ with a WTF look and then they can look at it)

EbE404

Reaction score

Make certain that you have the right password in. I always end up making 1 mistake while putting in my password and then it says its connected and its not really. Apart from that, my next idea would be reseting the wifi stuff. If it still doesnt work then the next step would be finding a completly non secure, NO SECURITY wifi to see if your droid will even connect to that. (if it doesnt then go back to VZ with a WTF look and then they can look at it)

Are you showing that you have a valid IP address? Have you had any previous WiFi issues? Are you rooted?

ilikemoneygreen has given you some good things to check, I agree that security could be an issue, checking to see if you have a valid IP is a place to start.

Also, I have to ask-have you tried loading multiple web sites to make sure that it is not just an issue with a bookmark or particular site?

OP
J

jennferg

Reaction score
How do you show the valid IP address? No previous issues with wifi. Yes Im rooted D1. I will try different things. I dont know anything about security, and wpa2? I tryed loading different webpages, so I know it the wifi, because as soon as I disconnect and use 3g I can get those same pages. I will keep checking thanks!

EbE404

Reaction score
How do you show the valid IP address? No previous issues with wifi. Yes Im rooted D1. I will try different things. I dont know anything about security, and wpa2? I tryed loading different webpages, so I know it the wifi, because as soon as I disconnect and use 3g I can get those same pages. I will keep checking thanks!

You can check your IP address by going to

Settings ->WiFi Settings

Click on the network that you are connected to and that will pop up a window showing your IP address. If you see something there (probably starting with 192) that will tell you if you are at least getting an IP.

Regarding the rooting and ROM, are you running a custom ROM and/or kernel? Some folks have reported issues with some of those, so checking the forum for the ROM might indicate some solutions others have found, or at least rule those things out.