Java; we can't update to latest?

mikec557

Reaction score
I use a web page that relies heavily on javascript. I am using the stock web browser on my Moto Droid and and javascript turned on or at least turned on for that web page... but the log-in box does not pop up. I also have checked the "allow popups" on this web page.

Does anybody know what the limitations are? I.e. is our version "hardwired" into the droid by Motorola, or is it in the opsys such that maybe the new 2.2 opsys might cure my woes?

Here's the web page I use if that's any help. I put dashes in so it is not clickable.

h-t-t-p:-//159.121.96.233:8000/ojinonline/default.htm

Thanks
Mike

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use a web page that relies heavily on javascript. I am using the stock web browser on my Moto Droid and and javascript turned on or at least turned on for that web page... but the log-in box does not pop up. I also have checked the "allow popups" on this web page.

Does anybody know what the limitations are? I.e. is our version "hardwired" into the droid by Motorola, or is it in the opsys such that maybe the new 2.2 opsys might cure my woes?

Here's the web page I use if that's any help. I put dashes in so it is not clickable.

h-t-t-p://159.121.96.233:8000/ojinonline/default.htm

Thanks
Mike

I made it clickable and tried it

When I went there it wanted access to my computer! Umm no I don't think so. Exactly what kind of site is this?

I've never seen a java upgrade for the browser. Go to the Market and try another browser.

OP
M

mikec557

Reaction score
what kind of site it is

The web site is the Oregon Judicial Information Network (OJIN). We use it to look up cases by case number and people by name who appear in cases. You couldn't sign in because you don't have an account, but the login window should have popped up asking for username and password. The database and access to it is owned by the state of oregon. Anyone who pays for access to it can use it.

I've never had it ask for access to my computer, and I've been using it for more than 10 years... and in that course of time on about 7-10 different computers at home, work, and friends' house.

Thanks for trying though.

Mike