Weather Widgets Donate problem

shamus

Reaction score
As awesome as weather widgets donate is (looks), it lately seems useless when it comes to my location. Right now it's giving me a town about 4 away from mine and it constantly changes to another town even further away.
Not to mention everyday I wake up and grab my phone it acts like I'm using the app for the first time and takes me through the setup. How many times should I have to tell it to update every hour and use my location?

I feel like I've tried every weather widget out there but I just can't seem to find the right one.

Are there any weather widgets that look like WWD but locate properly?

antkneevee

Reaction score
The issue of having to "reselect" the location has happened to me a few times as well, but only a few times the two weeks I have had it. What do you have your update frequeny set to? Ithink it may only update your location when it updates at the set intervals.

OP
shamus

shamus

Reaction score
I have it set to update every hour.
What's weird is that I just made a change in the settings and after backing out it actually found my town. I really like the look of the widget I just wish it would work right.

Mayze

Reaction score
Have you tried beautiful widgets? I had weather widget donate for awhile but decided to try beautiful widgets. Its way better imo

paulmac

Reaction score
I'll check it out thanks.
Does it follow your location?

It does, or you can lock it to a location by zip code or city name and state. I found that locking it in worked better. If I told it to use my location it picked a town close to where I was, but not the small city I was in, which seemed kind of dumb.

jkayner

Reaction score
I have the same problem with this widget. I just did an update though so am going to see if it has corrected the problem.

m5ivan

Reaction score
I had the same problem and downloaded "Beautiful Widgets" and haven't had any problems with it. I had to uninstall weather widgets because even though I wasn't using the widget, it kept asking to me update the location.

OP
shamus

shamus

Reaction score
I have the same problem with this widget. I just did an update though so am going to see if it has corrected the problem.

I also did the update today. I noticed in the change log there was no mention of my problems but so far so good.
How's yours acting? Any better?

OP
shamus

shamus

Reaction score
I just downloaded beautiful widgets. Am I missing something or is it supposed to be the same exact widget? Although I do like having the temp in the notification bar.

Zippster

Reaction score
Mine is acting up :icon_evil:with wanting me to input my zip or location pretty regularly again....

Droids

Reaction score
The weather channel app. yeah, I know it's not a widget but it's very good at what it does and an icon on one of the desktops brings it up in one touch. Configure multiple locations, all shown on one app screen. For me anyway, it just works and is very reliable.

OP
shamus

shamus

Reaction score
Mine is acting up :icon_evil:with wanting me to input my zip or location pretty regularly again....

Yeah that's what mine did. Very annoying for a paid app. Did you get the update tonight?
I just downloaded beautiful widgets. Aside from looking identical to WWD so far so good.
Earlier today I just happened to glance over at my Droid in the dock sitting on the 'enter location' screen. So annoying.

OP
shamus

shamus

Reaction score
Just an update in case anyone comes across this thread later.
Beautiful widgets solved all the problems weather widgets has.
GPS updates location the way it's supposed to, doesn't constantly ask me to update my information, etc. It's been perfect.

jmed99

Reaction score
I paid for the weather donate widget....if it messes up the solution is not to just go buy another widget....I want this widget to work properly or get my $$$ back!