Weather widget won't update in some areas

silverfang77

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could help me elucidate a mystery I've been encountering recently. When I'm in the suburbs, my Fancy Widgets (using AccuWeather for the weather, set to use GPS, Geolocation, etc) updates itself promptly every 15 minutes, displaying the current temperature and conditions of the city I'm in.

The conundrum I face is if I head out to a more rural area, my location will not update. The GPS symbol will appear in the notification bar, but the city displayed will not change, even when I manually update. If I reboot the phone, this forces an update and it might work for about an hour after that, but it eventually relapses into not updating the location.

When I return to the suburb, it starts updating again.

lizard

Reaction score
Menu>settings>location and security. There are two boxes under location. Top one uses wireless networks to show location in apps, bottom one uses gps satellites. Try making sure wireless is unchecked and gps is checked. Only thing this old dummy can think of right now. Hope it helps.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
Under My Location, Google location services and Standalone GPS services are checked. I'll disable the Google one and see if that makes a difference.

Thank you.