Weather Channel App?

Fizban22

Reaction score
Hey all I just got the new Droid X and so far ive liked everything about it, however i just did the update 2 days ago and it seems like my battery is draining quicker than it was prior to the update. now the ONLY change ive made to it in the time since is ive added the weather channel app to it (i dont have it running as a widget though, just the shortcut to the app).

i like this app cause it gives me an hourly update (being as i live in Tampa, Fl and it goes from sunshine to thunderstorms in 2 minutes flat), but is this the reason my battery seems to be draining noticably quicker?

and if this is the case, is there another app out there that gives a good hourly forecast and doesnt drain the battery as much?

OP
F

Fizban22

Reaction score
nah the one that comes installed has a 6-hour forecast thing

eliassami5

Reaction score
any app that refreshes every hour is going to drain your battery regardless. If you go into the stock weather/news apps settings you can change the refresh interval to 30min, 1 hr, 2hrs, etc. Try it out and see if it helps out your battery or not.

OP
F

Fizban22

Reaction score
how? when i go into the weather widget already installed in the phone the settings only have options to change between ferenheit or celeius and an option to add more cities. nothing about time intervals

eliassami5

Reaction score
how? when i go into the weather widget already installed in the phone the settings only have options to change between ferenheit or celeius and an option to add more cities. nothing about time intervals

maybe the X has a different weather app, my DROID running 2.2 has that option, and i believe 2.1 also had the option.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Yep, 2.1 has that option. You can add news categories and change refresh times. I have it set at 1 hour and no battery issues.