Weak Transmit Power on Bionic WiFi (Tether WiFi Range)

whenimmpresident

Reaction score
Any of the devs out there know of a solution for increasing the transmit power of the Bionic's wifi. I use the wifi tethering a lot but the signal strength is epicly weak. My devices practically have to be in the same room as the Bionic to be able to stay connected to the tether hotspot. On the other hand, my girlfriend's Thunderbolt has great transmit power and my laptop gets good-excellent signal strength anywhere in the house.

gtofan350

Reaction score
I agree with you that the transmit power is weak but just remember that your phone is powered by a battery with limited power output which is most likely the reason why the transmit power is so low.

hhamade

Reaction score
I keep my phone plugged in next to my pc and still dont get full signal. My other issue is every now and again, atleast a few times a night, my wireless tether hicups and i lose connection for a few seconds. This is particularly annoying when playing BF3. Any idea on a way to fix this?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

haywood801

Reaction score
I would also like to find out if there is a fix for this. My DROID 1 can be seen by my neighbors and its in my basement...
The bionic should be the same or better. Mine will barely get across the bedroom

jjkoolaid

Reaction score
I agree, my dx put out a stronger signal. How to boost it up a bit to about 15 feet would be great!!

haywood801

Reaction score
Maybe a dev can input here...
Should I be running a different kernal with eclipse 2.2 so that I can use the full power of my radio?

Btw I have the same problem with a used droid x running stock gb