We May Not See A Display Embedded Fingerprint Scanner Until The Note 9

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxys8_05-jpg.77730

There was lots of backlash when Samsung decided to move the fingerprint scanner from the front of the phone to the back of the phone with the Galaxy S8. Having a fingerprint scanner on the back of the phone wasn't the main issue. The issue was with the fact that the scanner was placed to the right side of the camera lens. This exact placement makes it very easy to smudge the lens when trying to reach for the fingerprint scanner.

We were hoping to see the fingerprint scanner move back to the front of the device in the Note 8 being placed under the display. Samsung confirmed the technology wouldn't be ready, and now we have seen leaked images confirming the fingerprint scanner will be in the same place as on the Galaxy S8 to the right of the camera. A new report from KGI says that the display embedded fingerprint scanner won't be ready until the Note 9. This is pretty bleak news. Hopefully they will still be able to get the tech ready before everyone else.

via KGI

Attachments

• galaxys8_05.jpg
    galaxys8_05.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 2,142

shockracer

Reaction score
And do to the duel lense camera it seems to have pushed the senses further to the side.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
note 5 fingerprint scanner location is great too. did I not read recently that pixel xl are discounted 200 bucks :)

Oh but you did. I grabbed one actually with the free daydream view. My wife broke her S7 Edge and is taking my phone and I'll get the new one. Still the best phone I've used ever.