We have an official status update on the Froyo. Stand by for 10-15 minutes. Hint: it'

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Froyo has melted a bit for the first 'offical' day of summer. The stage is to deep fried froyo. :D Yummy fried ice cream.

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
So, Google might have it ready "shortly", but what about Moto/VZW?
in the very "distant future" : )
This is what my bro and I were talking about the other day. All PR representatives do is give answers but aren't specific whatsoever, but I guess that satisfies most people. Not I, give me a range of how long it will be at least!

Sent from my Droid

LrdElderon

Reaction score
That is good news. FRF72 is buggy. Camera is all strange now and has anyone tried to stream pandora and use nav? Nav pauses pandora but never restarts it... Plus When a audio source is "unplugged" your music does not get paused... The way they did these things in 2.1 was much better :p They still have wrinkles to iron out.

Oh I agree there might be a few minor issues, but we are running an older build on the droid.. or I have at least and I have never had a random reboot, lockup, or fc on me yet. Perahps due to use of less widgets and removing launchers except adw? who knows....

anyways we've had these leaks for so long and they are pretty stable as is, I don't see what the fuss is about that a tiny update later couldn't solve, besides I'd rather let cyanogen an koush and the rest do the fixing for roms I use. They seem (no offense meant to google guys, they are awesome too), but cm team just kick more ass and get crap done much faster and usually better quality. If google would follow open source such as the linux kernel and make it public at all times, I guarantee bugs would have been fixed and performance improved by public devs and contributers.

It's the lack of code transparency(?) that hurts android. we could have surpassed probably anything even in gingerbread if they just let rom devs have at it and be able to contribute patches back.

ok, off my box. we're probably all feeling the same thing anyways =( still <3 android though would never go iphone... nice phone but bleh.

just curious on thoughts, I read a post forgot where (dummy me) from someone claiming to work with vzw though not an employee so perhaps a motorola person? I can only guess. His post basically stated that vzw is probably not pleased at all with this hotspot connection sharing ability and won't let it go out ota until it's removed. Seems stupid considering you can basically already do this with tethering, but it seems like a good reason for greedy corporates to rain on the parade, especially since they prob hate losing out on that $10 month for vz navigator ...ewwww.

oh i know.. wait for it..... lets cut their data so they have to pay more in compensation to us! :icon_ banana:

yeah sorry guys i'm a bit grumpy. I just want my cm froyo =(

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ahh, gotta love the lemmings out there.

Do you really think for a minute that the people on DF wouldn't keep an eye out for stuff like this? When there is official, worthwhile information to be had, then you will see it here.

If it isn't here, then it's not worth the font its shown in.

You all jumped and subscribed for nothing. Man, if I could get a dollar for every follower...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
... someone claiming to work with vzw though not an employee so perhaps a motorola person? I can only guess. His post basically stated that vzw is probably not pleased at all with this hotspot connection sharing ability and won't let it go out ota until it's removed. Seems stupid considering you can basically already do this with tethering, but it seems like a good reason for greedy corporates to rain on the parade, especially since they prob hate losing out on that $10 month for vz navigator ...ewwww.

VZW is in this to make money. Google has a different model with their advertising - a big part of what make Google disruptive technology.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Google Voice and the coming Google Gizmo, which I assume will offer free VoIP, get a large number of subscribers and start to take a noticeable dent out of VZW revenues. Then again, maybe VZW will be selling so many phones and data plans that they won't really care.

scf

Reaction score
yet as more and more "leaked" versions of froyo are beta-tested for them by forum users...