Waterproof Solutions?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Don't have any experience with either, but I would probably opt for the pouch. You'll be fishing, and for the few times I been fishing, I wanted away from technology so for me I'd rarely use it which is why I wouldn't be bothered by the pouch. Plus since it's certified to be waterproof that's more peace of mind imo

Reactions: ngt

wcjeep

Reaction score
I have used a pouch in the past for an older Galaxy S3. I used the phone as an under water video camera while snorkeling. Zero water intrusion.

Used a second pouch to carry ID, money, room key. Went down to ten feet. Zero water intrusion.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been using one of those (Joto) with my Note4 for well over a year when going to the pool, out in the snow, at the beach, kayaking, etc because of its crystal clear material. It affects the camera a little in its depth perception focus, you have to touch it harder to make it register touches and gestures and IT HOLDS HEAT. I was out kayaking once, had it hanging like a necklace in the direct sun and the actual air temperature was just over 100f and my hot battery alert chimed (tones and alerts aren't affected much in volume at all) so I found some shade near shore, cracked the top and it cooled down and I just kept it inside my life jacket the rest of the trip and it never went off again. I was using GPS and Maps to track my route so the phone cpu and data radio was also being used, adding to the heat. Other than that extreme and its inability to use the flash for photos I can't say anything but positive, even when making a call on my phone. It was muffled lb both ends but close enough where the conversation was unhindered too much.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><