Water Damage?

dwz07

Reaction score
Another fraud to jack up the prices on phones and insurance...

Sent from my Transformer TF101

I'm a little more honest than that. I actually have a conscience. I was just kinda spitballing some ideas I had cropped up in the ol' skull.

It just kinda astonished me that a device of the price that it is, wouldn't have an easily accessible water damage indicator.

The phone is still dead though. When I plug it in the white LED illuminates very faintly then dies out after about 5 seconds. I'm going to leave it in the rice for a few more days and just use my OG for another week or so. Hopefully it'll dry out!

dwz07

Reaction score
OK so because you decided to jump in a pool with your phone in your pocket, you want to do a warranty exchange for another Razr and then you're going to tell them when you get your next bill with a possible $300 extra charge you're going to tell them that it was Verizon's techs that jumped in the pool with the phone and not you. And not only is this your defense method but you're also believing this reasoning will work. I'm glad I don't work with scheming, lying, dishonest crackheads like you at Boeing. I guess we should all thank you in advance for Verizon wanting to implement a new increase in not only our monthly insurance plan may be but also a raise in deductibles too. So thank you in advance for being one of the many totally dishonest customers Verizon is forced to put up with

Sent from my rooted and Safe Strapped Motor DROID RAZR

Easy there killer. That was just the rantings of a still drunk mind trying to sort things out. I'm far from a "scheming, lying, dishonest crackhead".

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's alright to voice your opinions but it needs to be respectful - if not you won't be posting here, and no one wants that :)

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
If that was just a drunks ranting, let's get this thread deleted cause its useless. If you're still needing advice, I say man up and pay the price of your actions. Integrity isn't worth a cell phone. This tragedy is the exact reason we buy insurance. That's what its there for. Pay your $99 and learn from a bad choice.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Or we could just close it and end it. I think the OP's questions have been answered as thoroughly as possible... so to prevent any further heated comments:

:closed_2:

Kobe24

Reaction score
How can I tell if my phone was damaged by water? The indicator is white with red x marks

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
no moisture on that one. i think it all turns red when wet

Magnava

Reaction score
My Washing Machine Story

When I purchased my Samsung Galaxy S II just four months ago I skipped the insurance because of my good fortune with all the previous phones. I've always been overly self conscious with my phone until to my horror I found it in the bottom of the washer after the cycle was over. It soaked in a full load of laundry for two and a half hours before activating the cycle. After the final spin cycle the laundry stayed in the washer for most of the day until I returned and dumped it in the dryer. I literally let out an involuntary scream when taking out the last bit of clothing and found the phone lying in the bottom. At this moment it had been six hours after being dumped in the water. After the heart attack I quickly went online in search of any salvaging possibilities and came upon this discussion. I quickly removed the battery and unscrewed the six micro screws exposing the internal guts, placed a hair dryer on low at about 12 to 14 inches from the phone so as to keep it as warm as when exposed to the sun on a hot day. Before going to bed after three hours of blowing warm air I set it on top of a living room lamp by placing a kitchen counter wire rack on top of the shade at a distance of about six inches from the light bulb, which kept it almost as warm as the hair dryer. At noon the following day I reassembled it and got the second greatest shock of all - IT WORKED !!!!!!!!! IT WOOOOOOORRRKED !!!!!!!!! What is this? After my boss dropped his smart phone last year in two inches of water while jumping from his boat to the shore, it stopped permanently and had to buy a new one, I gave myself no chance of ever salvaging this one but it was simply a extreme pessimistic shot in the dark. I have been sending emails and texts and surfing the web, sounding the alarms, playing music and placing phone calls as a way to pinch myself into reality. The only thing of concern was that it did not work after turning it on. But after five minutes of charging it showed a full charge. That was a bit strange. I thought I needed to replace the battery but after continuously playing music for an hour it is still fully charged and playing with full force. It must have been fully charged when it took its plunge, I'm not sure yet. SAMSUNG you impressed me! I'm floored but I have one clean phone and rejoicing. Thank you!:icon_ lala:

Last edited:

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Dang magnava...... one heck of a story! Glad it worked. Maybe the rapid, INTELLIGENT, drying minimized the possibility of corrosion formation.

biggdave92

Reaction score
i dropped my maxx in the toilet a couple months back. after i dropped it, i thought to myself "well, i'm gonna finish pizzin and get it out after i flush". It was submerged for a good 20-30 seconds. Took it out, let it drip dry (20 minutes), turned it on, and it works perfectly to this day. i am impressed.