Watch movie on droid?

maple.d

Reaction score
I'm looking for the way to watch movie When I do elliptical so I won't get bored.

Is it possible to convert regular DVD to some kind of format so that I can watch it with Droid X?

If I buy a movie from Blockbuster app for example, can I keep the movie as long as I want to watch? Or Is it going to be deactivate after certain days?

Which website do you recommend to download movies, hopefully for free?

Is there any place like iTunes store to buy movies/tv shows for droid?

Please share with me any tips to watch movies using my Droid.

Thank you!

cyber3dx

Reaction score
Yeah, DVDCatalyst Rocks! I think it only runs on Windows however. Which is fine for me as I run both Win and MAC machines. Lots of configuration with your rips. I generally set mine to result in a 1GB movie file in mp4 format. I can post my settings if you want. Great support from the developer here on the forums. follow the link to the thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/14958-re-how-convert-dvds-videos-use-droid.html

And I use ACT1 Video as my Droid player. The developer of Act1 updates often and always adds cool features.

timrock

Reaction score
I use handbrake. Takes about 15 minutes to convert a 4gb blu ray.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I use RockPlayer to watch DivX movies on my Droid. It is free and an amazing app. The quality is unbeatable too. As for converting DVDs I use a software package called "ImTOO" - it was a paid application for PC but it has so many options and always does a great job. Worth it...

mac5217

Reaction score
I use my Droid for the same thing...Movies on the elipitical. I download the movie directly to my laptop from a Bittorent site, so I dont know any good DVD ripping software.

Then use a free program call HANDBRAKE to convert it. It has a preset for Ipod/Iphone. I use that preset, which converts it perfect for the Droid. Then just connect your droid to your computer and drop and drag the converted file to our droid.

If you do a google search, there are dozens of threads that have instructions on how to exactly do it.

BrentAday

Reaction score
I use DVD Catalyst and it works great! The movies look awesome on my screen. The downside is the files may be larger than created with other programs. As of now, I have 9 movies on my droid and my SD card still has roughly 10GB of space.

I have a co-worker that uses Handbrake and the files size is smaller, but I don't think the video quality is as good as DVD Catalyst. Although this may be a function of the quality of his movie prior to converting.

I use Real Player to view movies and do not have any issues with it.

Also, DVD Decryptor is a good DVD ripping program that I've always had luck with (sometimes Catalyst or Handbrake will not be able to break the encryption to rip).