Question about movies bought from Google Play

GadgetRick

Reaction score
I have searched everywhere on how to do this but I can't find it anywhere. I keep reading you can download purchased movies to watch offline. I can't find out how/where to do this.

That's the short story, the long story is I want to be able to download purchased movies so I can watch them on my iPad on a flight out to Vegas in a few weeks. I realize I may have to convert the movie into something the iPad can use but I can't figure out how to download movies period.

Thanks.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
well i guess thats pie all over my face lol

you are using the app?

ill look some more.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
ok i just opened the app and i have a movie on my account, it has a little push pin symbol on the lower right of the movie box, i clicked it and the movie started to dl for offline viewing.

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
ok i just opened the app and i have a movie on my account, it has a little push pin symbol on the lower right of the movie box, i clicked it and the movie started to dl for offline viewing.
I don't see that at all. When I click on a purchased movie, it just bring up another page with info on the movie and the area where the movie is with the play button. When I click on the play button it starts to play it in a YouTube window. But no push pin anywhere.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
its before you click on it. i open the app, then open my movies, from that view i see the pin.
ill try a sceen shot if you still cant find it.

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
its before you click on it. i open the app, then open my movies, from that view i see the pin.
ill try a sceen shot if you still cant find it.
Yeah, I don't see that anywhere. :(

I go into My Movies & TV and it has the movie I purchased. No pin there. When I click on that, it gives me the other screen I mentioned (no pin).

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
20130701190904.png

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
That's from your phone. I'm trying to do it from my computer so I can download it.

minor detail you left out there lol

I can't even figure out how to see movies I've purchased on my phone. I can only go to Movies & TV but I can't find My Movies anywhere in the app.

thats odd, they should be linked to your gmail account. that movie in the pic was free with my n7, screen shot from my bionic.
i dont know what else to tell you, sorry.

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
minor detail you left out there lol

thats odd, they should be linked to your gmail account. that movie in the pic was free with my n7, screen shot from my bionic.
i dont know what else to tell you, sorry.
On my phone, I just can't figure out where to go to see purchased movies. There is no option to see MY movies, just Movies & TV. I can download apps just fine from the phone.

I appreciate your trying to help. I've been trying to figure this out since yesterday and just can't find anything anywhere that explains all of this. That's one MAJOR thing I hate about Google, they just have HORRIBLE support for this sort of thing.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Don't you just go to play store - movies and TV - click the "..." Button or menu button and select "my movies."

Sent from my Razr HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
On my phone, I just can't figure out where to go to see purchased movies. There is no option to see MY movies, just Movies & TV. I can download apps just fine from the phone.

I appreciate your trying to help. I've been trying to figure this out since yesterday and just can't find anything anywhere that explains all of this. That's one MAJOR thing I hate about Google, they just have HORRIBLE support for this sort of thing.

i dont know if this will help or not but i cant find it either on my phone. what i did was went to the play store, searched for "Google Play Movies & TV", clicked on it and opened it from there.
only from searching for you did i see it was installed already on my phone, even though i cant find it.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Don't you just go to play store - movies and TV - click the "..." Button or menu button and select "my movies."

Sent from my Razr HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

you can but that just opens the app.