Phaze08

Reaction score
It's cool lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
Ok I flashed the standard 800mhz kernel ill have to see how it does. It's still charging after dying and being charged twice ..even though it was idle most the time.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok I flashed the standard 800mhz kernel ill have to see how it does. It's still charging after dying and being charged twice ..even though it was idle most the time.

Unfortunatly kernels are harder to test. I suggest using i normally tomorrow and seeing how it goes compared to before it stared overheating. If in dout rsdlite back to stock and root. That gets you official kernel. hopefully no overheating their . :)

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
Hopefully not or power drain. Still seems a little hot but I just did a backup so that might be it.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hopefully not or power drain. Still seems a little hot but I just did a backup so that might be it.

Well if you just charged your phone your battery should be very warm. Not sure how intensive backups r, not too bad.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Droid 2 has many roms and themes, its not as easy as D1 but if u read a little on the D2 forums you will learn quick that's how I did. There is nothing wrong with swapping your D1 for a D2, the D1 came with many defects, some not all but most, that is y verizon doesn't mind changing it. You should know the D2 is nothing like the D1 so its a completely different phone it just kind of looks the same. The D2 rom forum began to grow quickly once they figured out how to change roms, I think some one has already found a way to change kernels but not for sure. Personaly I do like the D2 better than my old D1 however I was having a lot of trouble with both my D1s.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
I haven't had any problems out of this phone in 8 months. I have my kernel set up exactly the same -250/800 on demand governor. Guess we'll see how it goes.

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
Its still running hot and has 60% battery and I haven't touched it since I unplugged it until now.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Well then you might want to get it replaced after you sbf back to stock before any more damage occurs to the device due to overheating.

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
Yeah its almost dead now...10%. Barely used it today. Where can I find the .sbf?

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
For the d1 I do not know but it should be some where in the D1 forums people always ask that question so it should be on a bricked phone thread. Make sure u use the full sbf. When I had the D1 I got the sbf from theunlokr.com just click on how to's and find revert to stock or on a youtube vid. I will try and find it on the forums for u and if I do I will give u the link.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Ok I found something similar sorry I cnt post a link cuz I'm using the forum app, but just go to droid hacking/hacking help/stickies/revert to stock.

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
I found one, thanks.

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
Do I need to revert to stock before I call and have them run diagnostics or just before I send it back?