Warranty claim

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
Ok just making sure, I called them twice yesterday but after two hrs of being mostly on hold I had to go to work. :/

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Just call 611 and wait for the menu to finish when it asks for u to say what u r calling for just say "CUSTOMER SERVICE" then type in your acc pass code. It will transfer you directly to them and just tell them your phone is getting real hot and the battery dies fast so you want to get it replaced for the droid 2 cuz I'm sure they dnt have any OGs any more.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
I actually tried that but he said they have a few left probably refurb. Hopefully it wont mess up too. :/

Edit: does my warranty continue until a year from the purchase of my d1? Even with the second one? Cuz I've had bad experiences with refurbished phones so id lik to know in case.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Your warranty begins all over again from the date you order the replacement, they told me the same thing once just tell them you are done dealing with the OG and you dnt want it any more. You want to try a different phone and see if that suits you better, they will try to discourage yoy from getting another phone but remember you dnt have to agree with them.

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
Too bad I agreed already lol. If anything happens with the second one ill probably do that.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Lol oh well, but yeah now you know a little more about your droid so u can work a little better when your referb arrives. Just make sure you dnt overclock it too high or it will start burning again

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
I usually do but the battery life was a little shorter so I stopped and the overheating wasn't due to that cuz I had a stock kernel.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I have a stock kernel since I cnt change it on the droid 2, but I over clocked too high and pop went the weisel.

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
How high? On d1 it only goes to 800mhz which is barely noticeable from the preconfigured 600mhz.

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
Wow. I've only been up to 1.6ghz and that was just too unstable.

Detonation

Reaction score
Your warranty begins all over again from the date you order the replacement

This is untrue. When you get a replacement, the warranty is either your original one year date, or 90 days from receiving the replacement, whichever is longer.

And I wouldn't bank on getting a free upgrade. I'm sure they have plenty of refurb D1's left.

Last edited:

nerdalert

Reaction score
Your warranty begins all over again from the date you order the replacement

This is untrue. When you get a replacement, the warranty is either your original one year date, or 90 days from receiving the replacement, which is longer.

And I wouldn't bank on getting a free upgrade. I'm sure they have plenty of refurb D1's left.

Very true^^^ I just went through this yesterday and they told me that they have plenty of D1s in stock...boo