*Wanted* The Best Battery life tips and reasons.

kmo

Reaction score
Lithium-ion batteries=Initialize a new battery. New batteries should be fully charged before their first use to obtain maximum capacity. Nickel-based batteries should be charged for 16 hours initially and run through 2-4 full charge/full discharge cycles, while lithium ion batteries should be charged for about 5-6 hours. Ignore the phone telling you that the battery is full--this is normal but is not accurate if the battery is not initialized. #DO NOT fully discharge a lithium-ion battery! Unlike Ni-Cd batteries, lithium-ion batteries' life is shortened every time you fully discharge them. Instead, charge them when the battery meter shows one bar left. Lithium-ion batteries, like most rechargeable batteries have a set amount of chargers in them.
All this conditioning is eventually going to kill your battery, Li-Ion batteries are not like the older Ni-Cd style. So, killing the battery (draining till dead) is not necessarily a good thing like so many have posted. Do what you want but the myth of how to "condition" a Li-Ion is simple, after the first initial charge is complete just use phone normally and charge when you get low on battery. Also, "DO USE" all the phone saving tips (like turning off bluetooth/gps/wi-fi etc.) We know these help save battery life if you're experiencing short life on your battery.

OP
P

PeterCopper

Reaction score
Everybody keep posting your findings on battery life for th incredible this very beneficial to the users

windstrings

Reaction score
The biggest battery saver I've found so far is to turn off "always on mobile data".

I still get my text and gmail perfectly and timely.. I can access weather apps etc...

I just don't try to keep a constant link going.. I"ve always thought that was a battery waster whether having a setting such as "always on mobile data" or not.

That feature is not avail on the moto... maybe one main reason the battery life is better.

frank_j

Reaction score
I Google in black on my phone at bGoog.com to make my battery last longer and to reduce my data usage too. Since using black backgrounds I recharge my phone a lot less! There's an explanation on it at http://bGoog.com/about