Want CM7?

yiannis

Reaction score
If we have to vote to have the DB supported from cm7 then maybe I picked the wrong phone. Time for prime!

Lots of new phones coming out, lots of people will be busy... I'm hoping ICS is bug free, so we can have it on the Bionic sooner rather than later.

Reaction score
Lots of new phones coming out, lots of people will be busy... I'm hoping ICS is bug free, so we can have it on the Bionic sooner rather than later.

Yes yes.. but, the first vzw dual core 4g phone and no undying love from the devs... that hurts. If we are hurting for devs to work on the bionic for regular roms, how long do you think an ICS rom will take to come out. Not pleased.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its not the devs. Its the new tech and issues that LTE brings. 4G is brand new. Give devs time to figure it out.

OP
I

idefiler6

Reaction score
Its not the devs. Its the new tech and issues that LTE brings. 4G is brand new. Give devs time to figure it out.

This piled on top of a locked bootloader. Crossing fingers that a resolution for that issue is reached on this phone, if not it could assist in spelling an early doom.

wingdo

Reaction score
ugh I'm not a fan of MIUI at all, I would much rather see CM

Indeed. I don't know what the attraction to MIUI is, I know the authors state it's not meant to be an iPhone look .....but if I wanted that look I'd buy an iPhone. Show us CM7 lovin'

jack902902

Reaction score
If people actually use MIUI,and learn all the functionality it has to offer, I think they would change their minds about categorizing MIUI as an "iPhone".

Don't forget, even texting is themed, dialer is themed. And you can always go to the market for third party apps.

OH, and I'm pretty sure iPhone doesn't have Widgets.

Toggles page with brightness level on notification bar, I'm pretty sure CM7 doesn't have.

DND filter.

Custom folders on desktop.

If you really wanted, you could put every APP in a folder and leave the screen clutter free, iPhone free.

I just think alot of people are biased because of lack of first hand use.
So many throw the "iPhone" bomb in the air, but who actually installed it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jack902902

Reaction score
THEMES by the HUNDREDS!

And you can pick one or several features from each theme.

Customize themes in the themer.

MetaMorph not required!

No rebooting either.

Last edited:

jayman350

Reaction score
I just think alot of people are biased because of lack of first hand use.
So many throw the "iPhone" bomb in the air, but who actually installed it?

I used MIUI when it was first being ported over to the D1, I never liked the lack of a launcher (which is the main reason people think iphone when they see MIUI). I used it for about 2 weeks (which was a lifetime being on my phone, most roms didn't last more than a few days).

I don't care that there are eleventy billion themes available, I don't like the base that the themes are being built on top of.

That is the beauty of Android, if you don't like something, you can change it. I prefer the CM-type roms, you prefer MIUI, that is fine, just don't assume that people who don't agree w/ your preferences don't know what they are talking about, or have never used it.

wingdo

Reaction score
If people actually use MIUI,and learn all the functionality it has to offer, I think they would change their minds about categorizing MIUI as an "iPhone".

Don't say I didn't give it a try. I ran it for some time on my D1 (and still try it out from time to time), but I just do not like it. I am far more inclined to like AOSP than some super duper pretty but not what I like ROM. I *like* the launcher, it is one of the reasons I pick Android over iPhone.

My old D1 is still in use as my home SIP phone, and it still runs CM 6.1.2 as its daily ROM. I just cannot get into MIUI.

sjflowerhorn

Reaction score
I used to use miui on a few devices droid 1, nook color, droid x and i feel it is very iphone clonish. Which is cool but not my cup of tea. I really wanna see cm7 or 9 for db. My two cents.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jack902902

Reaction score
I never liked the lack of a launcher (which is the main reason people think iphone when they see MIUI).

I don't care that there are eleventy billion themes available, I don't like the base that the themes are being built on top of.

That is the beauty of Android, if you don't like something, you can change it. I prefer the CM-type roms, you prefer MIUI, that is fine, just don't assume that people who don't agree w/ your preferences don't know what they are talking about, or have never used it.

I can agree about their theme base choice. I don't like the contacts list layout personally, so I can agree with you.

What are u taking about lack of launcher? There is stock, and you can also install third party like ADW or Launcher PRO.

And, don't take this personal.
This was meant to inform those that were in the dark due to misinformation, or lack of information.
Intended to be mind opening for some, and maybe a changed view for others.

I was just surprised myself at how much it was NOT "iPhoneish" and the additional features were something great to offer and unique to me.

Last edited: