Want a Droid for work e-mail? It'll cost you extra.

polar135

Reaction score
Want a Droid for work e-mail? It'll cost you extra. http://bit.ly/2lEyx6ot

not a big surprise since you have to pay extra for BES with Blackberrys, but now its confirmed.

jwd45244

Reaction score
The article is wrong. The extra 15 is to use VZW BIS servers. If you want to use a company exchange server the extra 15 is not (and has not been) required.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Both of you are wrong. The 30 dollar plan is for personal accounts, 45 dollar plan relates to Business accounts. yes, there is a 45 dollar BlackBerry BES plan, but WinMo also has a 45 dollar plan and that relates to business plans.

That being said, so long as you have a personal account you will get a 30 dollar plan unless you screw up and ask for the 45 dollar plan. Exchange will work just fine on the 30 dollar data plan. Also, that link is bad.

agsone

Reaction score
I am very appreciative of the information contained in/on this forum. I would have lost 30 dollars a month for no reason. Lets keep posting information.

AGS

R1Lover

Reaction score

But has anyone configured their exchange activesync and confirmed syncing of ALL exchange information

email
calendar
contact
tasks
notes

Once someone has done this on the $29.99 plan please post here confirmation.

I have done this with the 30.00 plan on my omnia and also picked up the driod today as well, everything works fine other then viewing attachments so far in an exchange e-mail account. I'm sure it's just a bug though.

mattomoto

Reaction score
@ R1lover- I assume you have a personal account and not a business account?

@350-Jason- Do you have a business or personal account?

Just curious as to who's exchange is working as per the PC Mag article- personal or business accounts...

Thanks-

Matto

elbono75

Reaction score
Is Verizon Charging $15/month for Exchange Support on DROID?
This isn't really news at all. Verizon has been charging different rates for Individual Data Plans and Business Data Plans for quite some time. It's not a matter of Exchange Support incurring the added cost but just the type of account you have (Individual or Exchange). Individual Data Plans will still have Exchange Support. If you buy your phone through your corporate account, you'll be charged $45. If you buy your phone like a normal person, $30 will still get you Exchange.
So no, Verizon isn't doing anything different and not charging anyone who uses Exchange an extra $15. The DROID uses regular Verizon smartphone plans, nothing to see here. [pcmag]

Here is the link

Update: Verizon has officially responded, and the previous reports are incorrect. There is no higher pricing to access Exchange. If you are on the $30 plan, Exchange will work just fine. The $45 plan is for corporate accounts, but the higher price has nothing to do with the Exchange access.

Here is that link