Wallpaper size

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Is the correct size for wallpapers 960x854? When I try to set them to wallpaper it wants to crop them. Why?

stewart1champ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The wallpapers that come with ADW.Launcher are 960x800

Maybe it tries to crop the extra 54 pixels because of the notification bar..... dunno, shot in the dark.

Zargon

Reaction score
You can drag the corners out on the image to include the whole thing as your wallpaper.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
depends on phone/screen

The nexus one and the incredible have resolulion of 960x800, the moto droid and droid x both have 960x854, im sure they work on both I have used both settnigs, but if you have one or the other phone the native res will always look best :)

OP
astevens54

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
You can drag the corners out on the image to include the whole thing as your wallpaper.

Man, I had forgotten about that. I tried dragging the sides. Thank you so much.

Janey

Reaction score
Hi there. I'm hoping someone can give me some help on this. I have a picture that I want for my wallpaper on my Droid 2, but for some reason, the phone keeps blowing up the picture and making it very blurry. I have the size set to what it is supposed to be (according to info found on this site). I am attaching the picture so if someone can resize it, I would be most grateful!

CG_Design_Fly_away_dandelion_under_blue_sky.jpg

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi there. I'm hoping someone can give me some help on this. I have a picture that I want for my wallpaper on my Droid 2, but for some reason, the phone keeps blowing up the picture and making it very blurry. I have the size set to what it is supposed to be (according to info found on this site). I am attaching the picture so if someone can resize it, I would be most grateful!

Hey. I just checked your image in photoshop that you posted above. It is only 700x438 pixels at 72 dpi, that is why it is blurry. If I size it to 960x854 it will still be blurry and it will be cropped. There is a sample to the correct size attached if you want to try it.

Janey

Reaction score
It looks so much better! Thank you so much. Is there a way to crop the picture so you get the ladybug in it? That's one of the reasons I like the wallpaper...the ladybug is kind of cute.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here are some more variations. This is probably the best I can do with this photo since the left edge ends near the bottom edge of the flower.

ballmore

Reaction score
I need to know the dimensions to make a wallpaper for a friend of mine. What size are wallpapers for the Note?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2