Wallpaper Picture

macolla

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 5
Hi all
I'm new here and hope to learn some tips etc about me Samsung Note 5. My first question is---I put a picture I had taken as the background on my home page. I can't find the picture in my files anywhere and would like to save it from my home screen back into my gallery. Is there any way I can do this? TIA.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the forum! How did you get the picture to set it as wallpaper? In an Email Mail, text, etc? It may be in the folder named Downloads in your Gallery.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
M

macolla

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 5
Good question!
I had taken the picture years ago and had it on my old phone. When I got this one everything got transferred. I really don't remember where I moved it from as it was on my desk top and laptop. My desktop died and laptop crashed after an update(love computers!) I thought it was on my phone but I can't find it anywhere. It's not in the downloads file or any other file I can find. I was hoping I could get it back in the gallery from my home screen.

Welcome to the forum! How did you get the picture to set it as wallpaper? In an Email Mail, text, etc? It may be in the folder named Downloads in your Gallery.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It must be on the phone somewhere to be set as the wallpaper. The task now is finding it. :) I'm not sure there is any way to "move" the current wallpaper back into the Gallery; since the pic is probably already on the phone somewhere. Did you have Google Photos setup on your previous phone, and set to backup pics? It might be in the Google cloud if backed up by the Photos app? When you open the Gallery app what folders do you see?

OP
M

macolla

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 5
No I didn't have Google Photos set up. I use Dropbox but it's not there either. When I open the Gallery I see the Camera and download file and then others that I have made---Birds, my grandson, 2014, 2015 etc. I've looked in every one and didn't find it.

OP
M

macolla

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 5
It must be on the phone somewhere to be set as the wallpaper. The task now is finding it. :) I'm not sure there is any way to "move" the current wallpaper back into the Gallery; since the pic is probably already on the phone somewhere. Did you have Google Photos setup on your previous phone, and set to backup pics? It might be in the Google cloud if backed up by the Photos app? When you open the Gallery app what folders do you see?

Good news! I contacted my daughter and she had it on a hard drive!
Thanks for the help!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Glad you were able to find a copy.

OP
M

macolla

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 5
Thanks for all your suggestions!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DF, macolla! Glad you were able to get a copy of your picture! And thanks to sajo for all his help. He never fails to be there and always with great suggestions.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk