Can't find current wallpaper on Droid

Dchun48

Reaction score
I have an interesting dilemma. I got a Droid from Verizon a few months back and used it to take a picture of my son at his little league game. It was a pretty good pic, so I used it as my wallpaper. After about a week I had to return that phone to Verizon because it was having some troubles. When I activated the new phone they sent me, the wallpaper was there on the new phone and that was fine with me.

Now I want to download that picture from the phone onto my laptop, but I can't find it on the phone anywhere! It isn't in the memory anywhere I looked, it isn't in the standard wallpaper gallery either and it isn't in the phone as a picture.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

OP
D

Dchun48

Reaction score
Anybody?

Does anybody know how to see the wallpaper currently being used? I just downloaded Astro file manager and that was no help. I noticed at least one other user with a similar issue - SOMEBODY must be able to point us in the right direction....

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Typically, your photos are stored on your SD card in the DCIM file. Using Astro select
sdcard, tap DCIM, tap camera.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

OP
D

Dchun48

Reaction score
Good advice, unfortunately I found that posted on another thread. I downloaded Astro and the pic is nowhere to be found on the card, I also mounted the card to my laptop and searched that way - no luck. I even downloaded a utility that recovers deleted images from various devices - still nothing.

I know that pic is on either the card or the phone - it HAS to be or it could not show up as wallpaper - I just can't find it.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try this-- open Astro tap search and enter IMG. That will return any file with the IMG which should be on the photo you took with your phone.

OP
D

Dchun48

Reaction score
"Nothing found"

This is the interesting thing - I took the picture with another phone using a different card.

I honestly don't know how the picture got on this phone in the first place! I was going to download the pic off the old phone before I sent it back to Verizon but when I saw the pic already on the new phone I didn't bother.

That is why I am trying to find the standard wallpaper images - I figure it must be in the same place as those - Astro won't find them either.

The pic isn't really all that important any more (it's nice, but it won't kill me to lose it) it's the principle.

I just hate getting beat by a device (the Droid in this case.) Now it's personal - I simply will not bow in defeat to a phone - that pic is in the phone
somewhere and I WILL find it.

All advice is appreciated (and I need it!)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm out of ideas. Sorry I was not able to help.

Mike

OP
D

Dchun48

Reaction score
It's OK, now I'm in real trouble - let my 15 y/o daughter look at the phone to see if she could find it (my mistake, I forgot 15 year olds know everything) - she changed the wallpaper and now it's gone.

It was probably in a cache file someplace any way, most likely not recoverable.