Wakelock 1013

newbroot83

Reaction score
Sorry if this thread exists already, but im having issues with battery drainage. I am on an extended network. It is 4g when in town and 3g when im home. (Country boy ;) ). I downloaded betterbatterystats to see why I can only at best get about 24 hours a charge from my note 2. This is the screen shot. Any ideas what it could be?

uploadfromtaptalk1376526900572.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I use gSam Battery monitor so I'm not familiar with yours. But from what I see you may want to cut back on the frequency of checking mail. I use mail more than anything on my S4 and it's no where near the top of the list of battery users. 3G will also suck more power than 4G but I suppose you know that already.

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
I use gSam Battery monitor so I'm not familiar with yours. But from what I see you may want to cut back on the frequency of checking mail. I use mail more than anything on my S4 and it's no where near the top of the list of battery users. 3G will also suck more power than 4G but I suppose you know that already.

Yeh. Today has been an odd day. I was stuck at a store waiting on an email to pick up an item so I kept refreshing my email foolishly. 80 % of my time is on wifi so I dont really notice the drain as far as data connection. I do have gsam installed as well (which I probably shouldnt) but I couldnt learn anything from it

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
Here is gsam

uploadfromtaptalk1376531443684.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376531459039.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376531459039.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 759
OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
Heres another from better battery. Power management?

uploadfromtaptalk1376533685686.jpg

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I only have 25 minutes on chrome and 11 minutes in my email.....

Everything is relative. I have what some would consioder a high Google Services battery use, at times peaking at 35% but I get 2+ days from my phone. I am a llittle perplexed by the power management readings in your following post. While you state 11 minutes on mail your mail was active and working even when you didn't have it open.

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
Everything is relative. I have what some would consioder a high Google Services battery use, at times peaking at 35% but I get 2+ days from my phone. I am a llittle perplexed by the power management readings in your following post. While you state 11 minutes on mail your mail was active and working even when you didn't have it open.

Ill post some more tonight. Last nights was far from typical. But even so saying, 11 minutes of syncing mail shouldnt cut me down to around 13 to 15 hours a charge should it? My battery life stinks lol

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
These are after about 3 1/2 hours unplugged. No use at all until I checked this forum.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The way I use my phone wouldn't suit 99% of the people on the forum. I hate to be bothered by my phone other than for a call so I don't get any notifications to speak of. My mail syncs only when I open it. To put it another way my phone does not control me, I control it. Same thiong goes for the few widgets I have, they don't update in real time, only when I open them. I can squeeze some ridiculous battery life out of the phone, if I wanted to but the way I use it does not hamper me in any way. For me it's normal but not so much for anyone else.

Here is an example
2013-08-01 07.52.56.png

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
The way I use my phone wouldn't suit 99% of the people on the forum. I hate to be bothered by my phone other than for a call so I don't get any notifications to speak of. My mail syncs only when I open it. To put it another way my phone does not control me, I control it. Same thiong goes for the few widgets I have, they don't update in real time, only when I open them. I can squeeze some ridiculous battery life out of the phone, if I wanted to but the way I use it does not hamper me in any way. For me it's normal but not so much for anyone else.

Here is an example
View attachment 65443

Wow...id love to see battery life like that. Im gonna turn off sync for everything see what happens

Tonik

Reaction score
Clear cache and data on Google maps then uninstall updates. Go ahead and let it update again. Seen this on multiple phones including mine. Location services going crazy after the last map update.