Waiting for my a Droid Razr HD

needadroid

Reaction score
I'm soooooo excited... my mom ordered the razr hd in white today!!! It should get here by Wednesday!! Now I must wait :/ I also need a good hybrid case that's not an otterbox. so if you guys have any suggestions then plz tell me. Also when i get the phone, how long do i charge it for? Like i know with thebog razr, you had to charge it for like 3 hrs right out of the box. if yiu guys have any ideas, suggestions, or opinions about the phone then you can post something. THX :)

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
Santa's Elf

You sound like a kid at Christmas time, lol.
VZW sells a stock case that works great and for once, one that fits in the car dock. I bought their case, solely for that reason. Now that I have it, I take the phone out of the case every now and then and it feels too thin to me without it.

The car dock is designed perfectly and the phone fits nice and snug, yet easy to remove. The cardock app is simple and plain, with no settings to add any apps, but you get used to it.
If you like Bluetooth, you'll also love this phone. It syncs fast

The Gorrilla Glass is awesome. I'm a fan of the Zagg screen protectors, but they don't make one yet. I wouldn't recommend the one from the store. At first I liked the anti-glare res., but it made the screen look so unbelievably pixelated, that I took it off. The G-glass is actually guite smudge resistant, especially compared to my HTC Rezound.

The battery charges fast. I love my Angry Birds and I was down to 38% after 8 straight hours of use today (started the day with only 85% mind you), turned it off to charge and 45 minutes later, I was at 95%. I drove home and in 10 more minutes in my car dock (music, bluetooth and a couple of phone calls later), I was up to 100%.

No doubt you will like this phone and IMO, won't regret not getting the Maxx.

By the way, to those of you reading this, yes, the phone does support the 64GB micro. So as far as the extra memory goes, you can upgrade if you see fit.
I picked up my memory card on an online special @ BestBuy.com a couple of months ago for $50.00, so keep an eye out!

If you are into rooting, I would hold off on accepting the update. I heard that it breaks root.
Hope you like it.

Booty out.

OP
needadroid

needadroid

Reaction score
Bigbootyman said:
You sound like a kid at Christmas time, lol.
VZW sells a stock case that works great and for once, one that fits in the car dock. I bought their case, solely for that reason. Now that I have it, I take the phone out of the case every now and then and it feels too thin to me without it.

The car dock is designed perfectly and the phone fits nice and snug, yet easy to remove. The cardock app is simple and plain, with no settings to add any apps, but you get used to it.
If you like Bluetooth, you'll also love this phone. It syncs fast

The Gorrilla Glass is awesome. I'm a fan of the Zagg screen protectors, but they don't make one yet. I wouldn't recommend the one from the store. At first I liked the anti-glare res., but it made the screen look so unbelievably pixelated, that I took it off. The G-glass is actually guite smudge resistant, especially compared to my HTC Rezound.

The battery charges fast. I love my Angry Birds and I was down to 38% after 8 straight hours of use today (started the day with only 85% mind you), turned it off to charge and 45 minutes later, I was at 95%. I drove home and in 10 more minutes in my car dock (music, bluetooth and a couple of phone calls later), I was up to 100%.

No doubt you will like this phone and IMO, won't regret not getting the Maxx.

By the way, to those of you reading this, yes, the phone does support the 64GB micro. So as far as the extra memory goes, you can upgrade if you see fit.
I picked up my memory card on an online special @ BestBuy.com a couple of months ago for $50.00, so keep an eye out!

If you are into rooting, I would hold off on accepting the update. I heard that it breaks root.
Hope you like it.

Booty out.

thanks for the info... Fedex said it should arrive tomorrow so I'll go from there.. and yes i am excited like a kid at Christmas time lol because this is my 1st smartphone and my phone for the pass 5 months has been terrible

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
correction

SWEET! Zagg does have a screen protector, but they only list it for the Maxx. just bought one for $11.88 withe their promo code. have fun!

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Bigbootyman said:
SWEET! Zagg does have a screen protector, but they only list it for the Maxx. just bought one for $11.88 withe their promo code. have fun!

Just for curiosity sake I went to zagg's website and when I entered motorola droid razr HD, motorola droid razr maxx HD, went through there drop down menu for both it sends me to "support". In there new devices list there is no HD phones listed. Check your order, if it is for the droid razr maxx it is going to be quite small.

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
Just for curiosity sake I went to zagg's website and when I entered motorola droid razr HD, motorola droid razr maxx HD, went through there drop down menu for both it sends me to "support". In there new devices list there is no HD phones listed. Check your order, if it is for the droid razr maxx it is going to be quite small.
DAMMIT! You're right! I ordered the wrong friggen one. Good call Lloyd. Looks like I'll be cancelling/returning that order. Hope the come out with one soon.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Bigbootyman said:
DAMMIT! You're right! I ordered the wrong friggen one. Good call Lloyd. Looks like I'll be cancelling/returning that order. Hope the come out with one soon.

Seems like they been cutting out all the icrap stuff though. Poo.

I couldn't see putting the verizon one on such a good screen.

OP
needadroid

needadroid

Reaction score
so my razr hd got delivered today!! yay! But TODAY OF ALL DAYS Verizon decides to do an update and now I can't activate my phone :angry:
ive been trying for the past 3 1/2 hours and they keep saying "within the next 30 min- an hour they should have the system back up".... ugh i'm so upset and feeling sorry for myself :(