VZW's Droid rebate form... was yours like this?

GeekWife

Reaction score
I got my Droid yesterday and they gave me all the nice stuff for the rebate... including a form saying that the purchase had to be dated between 11/6/09 and 11/7/09! Now, I'm *assuming* they mean 12/7/09, but you know what happens when you assume. Did anyone else's rebate form have this error on it and still get their rebate? I'm calling the store where I got it tomorrow, but I figure the forms are the same since it's a VZW issued form. Just thought I'd ask. TIA

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
I got my Droid yesterday and they gave me all the nice stuff for the rebate... including a form saying that the purchase had to be dated between 11/6/09 and 11/7/09! Now, I'm *assuming* they mean 12/7/09, but you know what happens when you assume. Did anyone else's rebate form have this error on it and still get their rebate? I'm calling the store where I got it tomorrow, but I figure the forms are the same since it's a VZW issued form. Just thought I'd ask. TIA

I didn't get a form, just a really long sales slip with all of the rebate info on it.

suzukimethod

Reaction score
mine says 11/6 - 11/7, but I bought it on 11/6, so I didn't think much about it.

--edited to add, maybe they gave you the wrong form?

knightshade

Reaction score
That makes me glad that I decided to buy it online for the instant rebate, instead of in store...

The down side (of course) is that I need to wait for the phone to be delivered.

BeefyBeefo

Reaction score

I didn't get a form, just a really long sales slip with all of the rebate info on it.

Same here. :icon_ banana:

KefMan

Reaction score

Same here. :icon_ banana:

Yup! me ordered online as well. Walked away with the Droid for $99 without having to wait for a rebate. :icon_ banana:

KiotaKahn

Reaction score
Verizon Retailer, here. The first Droid rebates VZW issued were from 11/6-11/7 because the Droid was released 2 days before they updated their general rebate form with all the phones on it. The store you bought yours from might have just printed out a ton of them, not noticing that they were only good for two days. It may work fine, it may not. The rebate center is finicky that way. If you want to PM me your e-mail address and date of purchase, I will send you a PDF of the appropriate form when I go into work tomorrow.

aW8

Reaction score
Didn't notice. The sales person at the Verizon I went to did the work for me. Cut the UPC, verified my address, and addressed the envelope for me while my phone was setting up. Amazing service. If only Verizon's residential service was as willing to do things for their customers.

alwx2

Reaction score
Got rebates back on 2 Droids and 2 Eris today. Purchased 2 weeks ago. Have aready gone online and requested transfer of cash to my checking account

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
mail in rebates suck. god forbid they make it convenient for the customer and just give you the $100 off when you buy the phone.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
It's all about getting you to spend the rebate as opposed to dumping it into your checking account--I spent over 30 minutes at my bank today trying to deposit the damn funds from the cards into my account. <bleh>

- Mega

AudioCow

Reaction score

I got the wrong rebate form also when I bought my droid. You can go online to request the rebate and print out the correct form. There should be another form floating around for 11/08/09 - whenever.