Vzw Unlimited 3g to 4g

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
If this is in the wrong section I apologize.

My friend is in the market to upgrade from his Droid 2 finally and we went into Verizon where he found out that he wouldn't be able to keep his unlimited data if he did. So I told him that if he i think if he bought off contract he would be able to keep it and get a 4g sim from them at which time they'd have to honor his unlimited...is this correct?

drew96dawg

Reaction score
This is correct, I think he will have to pay for the sim chip it should be around 15 to 20 dollars

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
This is correct, I think he will have to pay for the sim chip it should be around 15 to 20 dollars

If he goes to a corporate Verizon store, the SIM card will be completely free. All he'll have to do is take the new phone in, and as long as the IMEI number (also called ESN) is clear, they'll activate a new SIM on his account. Authorized retailers might charge for it.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
If he goes to a corporate Verizon store, the SIM card will be completely free. All he'll have to do is take the new phone in, and as long as the IMEI number (also called ESN) is clear, they'll activate a new SIM on his account. Authorized retailers might charge for it.
Oh I didn't know that thanks for the info