VZW Shared Data Plans in Employee Training Materials; Coming Sooner Than Expected?

TheOldFart

Reaction score
There's pretty much no way this would save me money as I pay only 20 a month in all for 2 unlimited plans. Hopefully they don't take my old plan away once my contract is up and I renew.

So you are only $10 a month each for unlimited? How did you get that?

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I know what you mean. I have an unlimited plan that I don't want to give up. I only use around 1gb/month, but I don't have a 4G phone yet. That might change things.

My two daughters (15 & 18) have been begging for smartphones, and I've been waiting to see about this data sharing since last summer. Finally decided I'd let let them have the "300mb for $20 plan" at Christmas. I basically set them up with WI-FI Sleep Policy to Never, Update over WI-FI only, installed the Data Use widget, setup Data Usage text alerts at 50% & 75%, and told them any overages come out of there allowance. One month in so far and all is well. Time will tell. I don't know how well this would work with a shared data plan though.

-Wes

Thanks Wes (and WELCOME to the forum!). It's super-reassuring that you have two teenagers and can somehow keep them under 300mb each! You probably know this, but another money-saver is you can send/receive texts for free with Google Voice. My wife and I now have texts blocked on our two phones and just make sure everybody knows to text us at our GV numbers instead of our cells numbers. :)

My first guess was "corporate discount?" but that doesn't EVEN come close. I think someone needs to share a valuable secret. ;)

-Matt

guardlights

Reaction score

If it was the same as mine, it was the promotion that was offered in late 2010. If you have a minimum shared 1400 minute plan,(139.99), for the first 2 phones and $19.99 per line for more phones, includes unlimited text and data. Normally its 9.99 per each extra line and 29.99 for data, so essentially, unlimited data is $10/ line.

there is an unbearably long post on this in HoFo VZW $69.99 450 Unlimited text and data?

I have that for 5 phones on my plan, a very sweet deal. It appears to continue as long as I don't change my Data plan or reduce my minutes to less than the 1400 minutes.

so it shows up on my bill as $100 for the nationwide talk and text, and each line charge is $9.99 access, and 29.99 for data, and a $20 credit for data per each line.

Nealius

Reaction score
Today is my last day on my cycle 2 smart phones 12gig between them my 10 yo daughter used close to 3g herself
I don't think a family plan will help me at all

Sent from my GummyNex'd Galaxy Nexus!