VZW GS3 Rooting Help

stolen678

Reaction score
Hello everybody at droidforums! Let me start off by saying that, yes, I have perused the forums to find an answer to my question but have found nothing. I am attempting to root a Verizon Galaxy S3 running 4.1.1. My problem is that I have all of the drivers needed, as I can go use my phone as a media device on my computer. When I boot the phone into download mode, insert the usb into the computer, and boot up Odin, Odin does not find my device in the ID:COM section as it should. I have tried rebooting my phone, rebooting my laptop, and reinstalling drivers. All to no avail. I can not find any fixes for this, and looked to the folks at droidforums to help me!

Thanks, Stolen678

randizzard

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the issue you are having, this always sucks. Everything depends on just how up to date files are and whether or not they are corrupt or damaged. Uninstall all your drivers, factory rest your phone, update to 4.1.2, then download the files from this link I give. So far multiple people have had alot of luck with this method. If these don't work I'm going to say you got a lemon phone or your computer is poop.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/29256-tutorial-rootrecoverybootloader-unlockicsjb-verizon-galaxy-s-iii/

Best of luck.

OP
S

stolen678

Reaction score
So far, I've re-installed the samsung drivers 3 times, Odin twice, and all other things needed once again. I upgraded to 4.1.2 in addition to this. Darn you Verizon and you're locked bootloader! When I put my device into download mode ( volume down-home-power), And start up Odin v 3.0.7, I should be getting a result in the ID:COM section, but I am not finding anything there. Has anyone else experienced a problem similar to this?

OP
S

stolen678

Reaction score
Yes, USB Debugging was on, but I have since solved my issue. The problem was in the CWM, but I have fixed it and now have root. On to my next project, running backtrack on my GS3!