Vzw experiencing outage nationwide for LTE

(eggman)

Reaction score
Portland, OR
Bionic no 4g for about 6 hours 3g for a few minutes a half hour ago.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
And here I thought it was just my Bionic.

gchave

Reaction score
No 4g or 3g in NYC all day and still going on, bionic

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Here in Raleigh myself... was on the north side of the city at work and headed home now in Garner.

No problem what so ever.

Been rocking my og Droid with Peter Alfonsos latest gingerbread rom.

Loaded it last night and have been putting it through it's paces, it's sweet.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

iGrizz

Reaction score
Rocking 1X here in Dayton, OH!

Sent from currently the slowest Thunderbolt on earth!

Abadus

Reaction score
It was out in the Detroit MI area. I just got my phone while out of town, drove a hour home and no data. I was PISSED. I called VZW and literally 10 seconds after I hung up the phone it was working again.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not to over critical, im not on a LTE device... but i would hope if their system did have a problem, it would be on a separate geographical system if that makes sense. So if their system crashes in New York, you wont have people in California all mad because its messed up for them too. Its great that they have several different redundant backups though like 3g the small stuff... Not to sound off with a cold warish vibe, but if china invades lol booom 1 virus in VZ and suddenly the 4g is down all across the u.s. Isnt the U.S. switching to LTE for the emergency channels or whatever is is? :blink:

jdixon74

Reaction score
In nashville on my rooted tbolt I lost data for about 45 mins. I am now fluctuating between 1x,3g and LTE. I'll post once it stabilize.

Droid Bionic and i'm 40 minute east of nashville area also and have not had 3G service all night... (no 4g where i am at) not even getting 1x or at least my phone is not showing it...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i dont understand why these devices arent connecting 3g??? if no 4g im on the og and i been all good all night long in pittsburgh are they not supposed to connect 3g if 4g isnt available??

I feel that pain. My wifes d1 was perfect on connection

The LTE devices use a different "kind" of 3G, or a layer on top of normal 3G called eHRPD to help speed up the 3G/4G handoff. So when 4G dies, the 4G devices typically lose data altogether, while 3G only devices (still running on good ol' evdo rev a) see no hiccups. If you can switch the 4G device to evdo only (you could on the Bolt, surely you can on the Bionic and others?) you should get 3G back when these 4G outages happen.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
No data at all today no 3G no 4G. Nothing. Been using wifi at home. I live near Puyallup WA... Hope this is fixed tomorrow. I've even tried turning 4g off and flashed the theory ROM. Etudes bionic had the same issue.

I guess at least calls and texts still work right.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!