VZW & 2015 Nexus activcations

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I had to get help from VZW to get my sim activated. The very kind, knowledgeable, and helpful tech (a first I know) never ever said they weren't supported. After a bit if searching because they are so new and not sold by VZW found the device and said they were supported on the network.

So worry not, if you need to you can call on vzw to get your phone activated.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Good to know. The one I cut from my Note 5 seems to be working perfectly, but if it decides to fail down the road, in glad it looks like I won't have to worry.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I received my "your order ships today" email this morning. I'm currently grumping a Write-Protected, unrooted, "Screw you, you filthy casual consumer" Verizon Note 4.

What do I need to do when the 6p arrives to get my Note 4's micro-SIM card into the 6p and working on Big Brother's network?

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You'll need a new sim. The 6P uses a nano sim. Unless you want to cut the micro sim down, there should be a tutorial here.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I cut mine down myself. Be a man. There's a nice template. Start by cutting a little off at a time. Personally, I left 2 sides til I was sure I had the other sides trimmed down proper. For final fit, I used the sim try from the 6P to see where I still needed to shave off. I used a good pair of scissors. No waiting for a new sim or dealing with the hassle of trying to activate a new one, even though @cynkrzy seems to have had a great experience.

How To Convert Your Micro Sim To A Nano Sim | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have no problem cutting down the micro into a nano. Videos show it being pretty straightforward and there are downloadable templates to make sure the size is correct.

Does Verizon care that the 6p's IMEI number is not registered on their network?

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
According to my friend who's switching to Verizon, and bought a 5X, he talked to a rep and the rep said it'll work fine. I can't imagine the 6P being any different.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Does Verizon care that the 6p's IMEI number is not registered on their network?
Shouldn't matter. I cut my Note 4's sim down, like I said, stuck it in the 6P, booted up, and was able to make calls and send texts right away with no issue. Haven't noticed any issues at all with signal/quality. Actually getting better service, if anything.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I arrived home around 12:30 and my phone was already here so I cut down my Note 4's Micro-SIM to Nano-SIM size. I taped the card to a template, used a very sharp wood chisel to ensure straight cuts and sanded the corners with 600-grit sandpaper on a block. It fits

ktqz3fo.gif

My 6p also connected to Big Brother's network almost immediately upon initial bootup.

dementia_zps32212245.gif

Thanks for the info!!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I arrived home around 12:30 and my phone was already here so I cut down my Note 4's Micro-SIM to Nano-SIM size. I taped the card to a template, used a very sharp wood chisel to ensure straight cuts and sanded the corners with 600-grit sandpaper on a block. It fits

ktqz3fo.gif

My 6p also connected to Big Brother's network almost immediately upon initial bootup.

dementia_zps32212245.gif

Thanks for the info!!
Dude, I used scissors and didn't worry about sanding or anything. Way to step it up a notch. Just kept snipping until it fit snugly in the tray. Glad someone else had the guts to give it a go though! Congrats! Haha!

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I admit I was a bit hesitant as I couldn't put the card back in my Note 4 if I messed anything up but it wasn't even a five minute job. The video I watched was for an iPhone and that guy had to sand his card thinner to fit in the tray. I'm glad I didn't need to do that for the 6p. Cutting the sides down and rounding the corners worked like a charm.