VZN Bloatware

spydergirl

Reaction score
Just uninstalled a boatload of bloatware apps on this thing. Do u think that will make a difference in performance or battery power? Not that it's lacking at all! Just curious. ........

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It is a possibility. But I think that most if the bloatware doesnt even run in the background unless you open that app... I have a ton of apps disabled too..

I get about the same battery life as I did with my maxx.. but fewer data drops.
So apparently samsungs chip plays better with LTE than the qualcom chips, I say yhat becayse I've talked to a few people with the dna, and they're not happy :eek:

Caesars

Reaction score
Ima disable bloatware tonight, im actually getting better then maxx battery life ;)

bellbound

Reaction score
I'm new to Android. How do you disable the apps/bloatware?

Thanks.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
bellbound said:
I'm new to Android. How do you disable the apps/bloatware?

Thanks.

Go under phone settings> app manager> all apps> select app you want to disable and there you have it. On caveat need to make sure it isn't tied into the androids system or you may have issues. This is why I started a thread so people can start listing the items they have disabled without any issues. That way threw is a resource to send people to. Good luck hope this helped.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Ps welcome! It's more "funner"on this side! Any other questions fire away. This community is made up of mostly helpful nice people

toperm

Reaction score
Dumb question., how do I get to phone settings? I see the main settings but no app manager. Thanks

Caesars

Reaction score
The little square (with a few lines going through it) at the left of your home screen, followed by settings, followed by applications, followed by *all applications*, or something like that :).

pool_shark

Reaction score
Some of the apps have to have their updates uninstalled before you can disable them.

I do not believe deleting apps provides a boost in performance.

Not to mention, if you delete preinstalled apps and try to install a Verizon OTA update, it will fail.