Vz navigator and vz car dock incompatible

Mastrik

Reaction score
So I buy the car dock as it is really handy. The problem is the salesperson showed the navigation using Google maps. Apparently if you use it once with maps you cannot use it with vz navigator or any other gps app.

I called vz and they called HTC who wanted me to reset defaults (which you can't its grAyed out).

Anyhow they came to the conclusion that vz navigator or any other gps app will not run in dock mode after using maps, period.

Google maps is ok but I miss the traffic updates and other extras. Apparently it isn't possible to use anything but Google maps when using the dock. That really sucks. And Google has no plans to integrate traffic anytime soon.

Looks like I may have to buy a gps if I want traffic. Big disappointment and almost defeats the purpose of getting the dock if it doesn't work other apps.

I'm really surprised that most vz apps don't work on thunderbolt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Why would you want to use any VZ apps?

Viper Daimao

Reaction score
so get a different car dock app. I use car dock home v3 and you can create your own screens with all the links to apps you want. it will also automatically turn off wifi and turn on bluetooth when you put it on the car dock.