Car dock issues

bjmoore30

Reaction score
I have an issue with an S3 that a family member owns/uses. When they put the phone in the car dock, VZ Navigator auto starts. I have a Razr and did the Settings>Manage Apps>VZ Navigator>Uninstall Updates>Disable. I did this, put the phone in the car dock and VZ Nav started again. I was kind of pissed. So I did the process again and then rebooted phone. Put it in car dock and VZ Nav started up automatically. How do I turn this off? I can't make it go away. Stupid VZW bloatware. :mad:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Try going to Settings -> Application manager -> All -> VZ Navigator. Clear the data, cache, and defaults (with defaults being the most important one), then disable the app again if necessary.

OP
B

bjmoore30

Reaction score
Try going to Settings -> Application manager -> All -> VZ Navigator. Clear the data, cache, and defaults (with defaults being the most important one), then disable the app again if necessary.

BINGO, YAHTZEE, YOU ARE THE WINNER!!!!!! Thank you so much for your help. No more VZ Nav on the S3 or my Razr.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
BINGO, YAHTZEE, YOU ARE THE WINNER!!!!!! Thank you so much for your help. No more VZ Nav on the S3 or my Razr.

Glad you got it cleared up. VZ Navigator often gets set as the default for navigation, so clearing that setting will prevent it from automatically launching most of the time. Sometimes, after clearing its defaults, the next time the phone tries to automatically launch navigation, it will ask you which app you want to be the default. You should be able to select Google Navigation (or any other one you want to use), and check the box at the bottom to save it as the default application.