VZ navigator and google maps can't find GPS and one other question..

ErikB

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new to the forum and smart phones in general. I finally got my first smart phone which is a Droid 3 and so far I love it. My friend has the LG ALLY and has had problems with it running slow and such so I wanted a good phone with plenty of memory and a good processor and since 4g won't be available in my area til the end of next year I think I made a good choice. I've had the phone for going on a month now and all I've done really is add some apps and install a 16gb sd card. I wish I could move more apps to the card. Anyways I have the widget that you can use to turn off gps and bluetooth and wifi and all of that. I leave everything turned off unless Im home like right now then I turn on the WIFI so I can use that for data and save on my usage. Anyways on my friends ALLY he can turn on his gps and go to google maps and get into some mode where it shows a map and shows him and has an icon that moves as he's moving and shows where he's at without a destination. I've tried this and can't get it to work and everytime I turn my gps on and go to VZ navigator or Google maps it just sits there saying searching for GPS and wont find it. I've let it go for 20 to 30 mins before and it wont find it. What if I end up lost somewhere and need it but it wont work? Also when I check my battery usage it says vz navigator is using 49% of my battery so I long touched it and hit force stop and its STILL there and when I go to manage APPS and go to running APPS it's NOT there for me to stop! It looks like it's killing my battery and there's nothing I can do about it and when I DO want to use it it doesn't work anyways! Any suggestions? Sorry about the long winded post, looking for some help! Thanks!