Volume rocker

cwoms167

Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing a very loose volume rocker I mean this thing is loose you can shake it and hear it rattling in there am I just the only one or is every one experiencing this the dummy phone in the store didn't do this

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing a very loose volume rocker I mean this thing is loose you can shake it and hear it rattling in there am I just the only one or is every one experiencing this the dummy phone in the store didn't do this

Mine's fine.. I'd try to get it exchanged if it were that loose though.

OP
C

cwoms167

Reaction score
Is that a legit reason for them to exchange a phone lol or will they look at me and say get out if here

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Depends how bad it is I guess! Mine has some play in it but it's not that bad. I just grabbed my X and that volume rocker is tight as a drum, no play at all.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Is that a legit reason for them to exchange a phone lol or will they look at me and say get out if here

It's a reason.

I'd call them up on the phone. Ive had much better luck calling and getting a device replaced than going into the store. In the store, the rep can just blow you off and say, "oh it's fine".. if you call on the phone and really complain, the rep obviously cant counter your claim and will offer a replacement pretty painlessly.

I had about 3 Thunderbolts and 1 Droid X replaced by calling. When I went into the store, they just blew me off and said they couldnt exchange the phones.

OP
C

cwoms167

Reaction score
Do you mean call the store or Verizon in general

redwood

Reaction score
My first Bionic actually lost its volume rocker, in the first hour I had it. Bought the phone, activated it at the store, and by the time I got back to to my office it just wasn't there. Went back, they gave me a new phone without question and so far no more problems with it....

OP
C

cwoms167

Reaction score
Verizon 611 said the phone has to be out for at least a month for them to send out new phones

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Keep trying until you talk to someone who will fix the problem. It seems to depend on the rep.

jstwondrng

Reaction score

Not having any problem with my volume rocker. Seems pretty sturdy.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine's pretty loose as well... one of those things that's just annoying - makes the phone feel/sound cheaper. My back cover has a lot of give around the usb/hdmi ports as well. Even my "cheap" Moto Triumph felt solid and tight with the volume rocker, and everything else for that matter. One of those things that seems silly to ask for a replacement, but if it was offered I'd take it in a heartbeat...

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The Bionics seems to be better than the past, meaning not as 'loose' or mistakenly hit..although I still do it, especially when putting in the car dock.