Volume Lock app?

leahsfarm

Reaction score
I keep changing my volume when I go for the power button. Several times I had unknowingly lowered it to nothing.

Is there an app that will lock in the volume so the keys won't work (unless I want them to)

beadlam

Reaction score
I would love to see something, also. Am always hitting the volume button ...

scaup

Reaction score
foxyRing

Foxyring prevents changes to the volume control rocker switch from changing the ringer volume. It boots with the phone, and confirms in notifications that it's on. It automatically sets volume control based on ambient sound. The user sets the range - how low the ring is when it's quiet and how loud it is when the ambient sound level is high. You can also set how often it checks ambient sound levels, I think it was from 4 to 20 minutes. At every 20 minutes, battery usage is minimal - it only takes about 5 seconds for the app to check ambient sound levels. You also have an option to set a silent period, ie, when you sleep, however long you like.

Last edited:

Kdubbjr

Reaction score
The App Buzz Lock will keep your phone stuck on vibrate. If you cant find it in the market. Ill give you the .apk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a new app called ring guard. This will give you up to 30 seconds to confirm a volume change on your ringer. Works great.

skidemn

Reaction score
volume control app

I keep changing my volume when I go for the power button. Several times I had unknowingly lowered it to nothing.

Is there an app that will lock in the volume so the keys won't work (unless I want them to)

I use the Volume Control app in the market. This one is from a developer called "New".

x475aws

Reaction score

I use the Volume Control app in the market. This one is from a developer called "New".

If I may tout the advantages of RingGuard over Volume Control (which I tried before I wrote RingGuard)...

1) Lets you use any volume level, not only silent or full-on.

2) Lets you change volume using the convenient volume rocker, and you don't have to touch the screen at all to confirm the change (if you configure the BACK and/or MENU and/or SEARCH keys as confirm keys).

3) Starts automatically on power-up if it was enabled, so you're always protected.

skidemn

Reaction score

If I may tout the advantages of RingGuard over Volume Control (which I tried before I wrote RingGuard)...

1) Lets you use any volume level, not only silent or full-on.

2) Lets you change volume using the convenient volume rocker, and you don't have to touch the screen at all to confirm the change (if you configure the BACK and/or MENU and/or SEARCH keys as confirm keys).

3) Starts automatically on power-up if it was enabled, so you're always protected.

Hi X,

I will have to give your app a try. I am not suggesting that Volume Control is better than your app- since I have no experience with it I cannot make any comparisons. I am just sharing my experience with the app I've used so the OP would know what's available.

Notes:
1) The Volume Control app also lets you use any volume level- I keep mine set at 4 usually and I can easily choose whether or not I want vibrate on or silent mode with a button press.

2) Although this may not be important to everyone, I do prefer having to open the app because if I do accidentally hit the rocker, I would likely accidentally hit it again and confirm the wrong volume level. Again, I have not used your program yet so I will have to see if that is actually the case. If it is the case, I might suggest that you make an option to turn that feature off for people like me.

3) This is a nice feature I wish Volume Control had. If my phone resets for any reason I sometimes forget to turn Volume Control back on, so this is a big thumbs up for me!

In any case, I hope you do well with your app and I wish you luck!

clunker

Reaction score
Agreed on the rocker confirm

2) Although this may not be important to everyone, I do prefer having to open the app because if I do accidentally hit the rocker, I would likely accidentally hit it again and confirm the wrong volume level. Again, I have not used your program yet so I will have to see if that is actually the case. If it is the case, I might suggest that you make an option to turn that feature off for people like me.

If you added an option to make the camera button the confirm, or something else, I'd switch. I use Volume Control, and it does everything I want except the auto start, I want it to be harder to change the volume that just with the rocker, cause my case makes it easy for the rocker button to get pressed. Well, ok, another gripe with VC is, when you set it to silent it sets vibration off and you have to tap a button on the screen to turn vibration back on, I wish you didn't have to do that but its a not too big a deal for my purposes.

x475aws

Reaction score
Rocker switch DOESN'T confirm volume change

If you added an option to make the camera button the confirm, or something else, I'd switch. I use Volume Control, and it does everything I want except the auto start, I want it to be harder to change the volume that just with the rocker, cause my case makes it easy for the rocker button to get pressed. Well, ok, another gripe with VC is, when you set it to silent it sets vibration off and you have to tap a button on the screen to turn vibration back on, I wish you didn't have to do that but its a not too big a deal for my purposes.

The rocker switch is active when the confirm screen is up, so you can tweak the volume level before confirming. But it doesn't confirm the volume change. You can configure the BACK, MENU, and SEARCH buttons to confirm, and you can confirm on-screen. Personally I'd stay away from using the SEARCH button because I'm always touching it accidentally, but it's there if you want it.

Last edited: