Disable volume keys

stymiee

Reaction score
I find the volume keys are in a place where I all too frequently hit them and turn down my volume when pressing the power button. Is there an app or any other way to disable those buttons? I have installed an app to control my volume so I can easily live without those buttons.

Dastir

Reaction score
+1 on this... it is getting annoying missing phone calls because my ringer volume is lamost completely off... but not quite far enough to enable voibrate.

droid100

Reaction score
+1

This was the first annoying thing I noticed. I absolutely hate it.

I keep my ringer silent and enable vibrate. I just put the volume up to as high as it will go, so that when I hit it, the ringer isn't turned to completely "off".

me_droid

Reaction score
+1 more...

Absolutely agree there needs to be a way to disable it in software - compared to the rest of the Droid that toggle is pretty wimpy.

les017

Reaction score
Ringer Volume Control (free from the Market) does this. Actually the volume buttons are still valid. Just that any non-in-call volume changes via the buttons get reset within seconds. Works like a charm

kbly

Reaction score
I too noticed this problem. I use a program called Ringer Volume Control to handle this issue.

There are a couple things to know about this program:

1. It does not autostart, at least that I know about.

2. It does not actually disable the volume button, but returns the ringer volume to the level you set in the program (including the vibrate setting) a second or two after you quit using the volume switch, whether intentionally or not.

les017

Reaction score
1. It does not autostart, at least that I know about.

The one thing I wish it did also. I do like how it lets you actually adjust your on-going volume profile via the notification bar.

Zig8

Reaction score
Ringer Volume Control (free from the Market) does this. Actually the volume buttons are still valid. Just that any non-in-call volume changes via the buttons get reset within seconds. Works like a charm
Ringer Volume Control (free from the Market)
I could not find this App. Is it called something else?
never mind I found it.
Volume Control was developed for Android by New

Package name : a.Vol

OMEGA5

Reaction score
RingGuard works excellent and is free on the market.