Volume Keys No Silent Mode

nmatias81

Reaction score
I switched over from a TMO My Touch Android Phone and I was able to lower the volume using volume keys on side of the phone and I was able to make the Sound Silent and then there was Vibrate mode right after Silent. On my D2, it goes from very low sound straight to Vibrate when using the Volume Keys. Noticed that going thru Settings- Sound- There's an option to Silent the RingTone. I'm guessing that's the only way to completey silenced ur volume on D2. I rarely use Silent mode except for when I'm in meetings or at the movie theatre. It's kind of annoying to have to navigate through the Settings option to enable that option.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you push and hold the power button, it gives you three choices. Silent mode, Airplane mode, and Power Off. Tap silent mode and your phone will be in silent mode. Or, you can do like I did, I downloaded a widget from the Market called "Silent Mode Toggle", it's a widget you can put right on your home screen and all you have to do is tap it once for vibrate and tap it again for silent mode. Hope this helps. :)

OP
N

nmatias81

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks bro for the heads up. I saw the Silent Option when holding down power/mute button but when I choose Silent Mode, it goes to Vibrate mode as I called my phone to test and the phone started vibrating. I'm going to download the widget you mentioned in previous Post. What was the name of that widget?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do a search in the Market for "Silent Toggle Widget" by Droidmania.

Make sure to install the widget in your phone and not to the SD Card. Widgets don't work when installed to the SD Card.

OP
N

nmatias81

Reaction score
I just figured out how to correct the issue. If you go to Settings, Sound and click on Vibrate option, there are multiple choices to choose from. I was able to check off "Only When not in Silent Mode" option and my phone now goes into Silent mode without Vibrate.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No problem. Thats what I like about that widget. It does it with one or two taps of the screen.