Problems with vibrate/silent mode post 2.2 update

digitalg

Reaction score
After the 2.2 ota update, I'm unable to turn my lg ally completely silent using the volume rocker keys on the side of the phone (or rather I'm unable to have a vibrate only option). Prior to the update I had a vibrate only option between the lowest volume setting and complete silent mode. Now I don't have that option. I can either have my phone on vibrate all the time, (even during silent mode) or never.

Any suggestions on how to get the complete silent mode option back as well as the vibrate only option (not during silent mode).

I've spoken to one other user with the same difficulty. Anyone else with the same problem, and/or fix?

thnx

Droidlad

Reaction score
After the 2.2 ota update, I'm unable to turn my lg ally completely silent using the volume rocker keys on the side of the phone (or rather I'm unable to have a vibrate only option). Prior to the update I had a vibrate only option between the lowest volume setting and complete silent mode. Now I don't have that option. I can either have my phone on vibrate all the time, (even during silent mode) or never.

Any suggestions on how to get the complete silent mode option back as well as the vibrate only option (not during silent mode).

I've spoken to one other user with the same difficulty. Anyone else with the same problem, and/or fix?

thnx

I am having the same problem! They may have designed it to get rid of the silent option. When I use the volume rockers on the side of the phone, it will not allow me to completely silence it. It will only go as far as to make it vibrate. I do not like it! I am going to take my phone to the store and see what has happened. If you or anyone else can figure it out, please let me know. Thanks.

brukie1206

Reaction score
This really sucks not having the vibrate only option anymore..is there anway to change it back?

kadaj21

Reaction score
If you press the menu button and go Settings>Sound>Vibrate, you get four options:

Always Vibrate (Silent or with Ringtone)
Never Vibrate (Self - Explan)
Only In Silent Mode
Only when not in silent.

--My girlfriend hates this too, but the only thing I can find for her is a widget that can alternate, so that she doesn't have to go to the settings for when she does or doesn't want to vibrate. I searched "Vibrate Widget" in Market..

Hope that helps!