Volume Control Won't Go To Silent

chickltt7

Reaction score
Hello all! So this morning my phone prompted me to install the 2.2 update on my phone which I did but I've now noticed that when I use the volume button on the side of my phone to try to change it to silent it won't go past vibrate :( Is there anything I can do to fix this or am I sol? Any help or ideas would be great! Thanks!

Zargon

Reaction score
Hello all! So this morning my phone prompted me to install the 2.2 update on my phone which I did but I've now noticed that when I use the volume button on the side of my phone to try to change it to silent it won't go past vibrate :( Is there anything I can do to fix this or am I sol? Any help or ideas would be great! Thanks!

Welcome to Froyo! Nothing is broken, that's just a change Google made. I don't like it either.

OP
C

chickltt7

Reaction score
Well that sucks!!! I guess I will have to use my widget to put it on silent :(

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I know that the PL3X ROM has put it back and I am sure other dev's will follow. I just think it was easier on 2.1 man!

tkoehler

Reaction score

Welcome to Froyo! Nothing is broken, that's just a change Google made. I don't like it either.

Yes, i just found out today, after installing my OTA 2.2 yesterday, that the volume control is messed up....even with a Beautiful Widget Silence, does work, but not what i want...the widget wont work for me when the phone is in Vibrate Mode...anyone else with some good ideas...and no, this newbie does not plan on rooting his D1...lol

jnestico

Reaction score
I found that "Ringer Toggle Widget" in the market place works great to silence,vibrate or ring at the touch of the widget.It also remembers your volume setting when you switch between functions.

alm0614

Reaction score
+1 for this, anyone have any idea why google would have done this?