Voicemail Notification

aggiechase37

Reaction score
So I'm having this problem: I have in my notification panel a perpetual voicemail icon. In the pulldown menu it says that I have one voicemail. Yet I have gone in and cleaned out voicemail by calling it, and have cleaned out google voice voicemail. I also rebooted my phone. I am running an unrooted Droid if that helps, so OS 2.0.1. Any help would be appreciated....

OP
A

aggiechase37

Reaction score
I don't think so. It's possible I guess, but I'm fairly sure I cleared everything out. I'll check again.

OP
A

aggiechase37

Reaction score
Nope, no saved voicemails. So I have no idea what's going on. It's certainly annoying I can tell you that much.

cpinto

Reaction score
So I'm having this problem: I have in my notification panel a perpetual voicemail icon. In the pulldown menu it says that I have one voicemail. Yet I have gone in and cleaned out voicemail by calling it, and have cleaned out google voice voicemail. I also rebooted my phone. I am running an unrooted Droid if that helps, so OS 2.0.1. Any help would be appreciated....

Have you rebooted it. I will occasionally get a stuck SMS indicator. Only a reboot will remove it.

tylcunni

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Ive had my Droid X for about 8 weeks now and ever since receiving my first voicemail my vmail notification icon in the bar will not go away. I have tried troubleshooting but nothing works. Tried resetting voicemail and setup, hard/soft resets, logging into mailbox and deleting all messages manually (mainly use visual voicemail method). Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions???
-thanks

aikkid

Reaction score
tape voicemail icon

Go to settings< then "call"< then clear notification. Hope this helps. It did mine. I had it on forever and found this by snooping around. I tried so many other things that never worked. One thing I would never do was reset my phone. He** to the no. Lol.
Good luck.

tylcunni

Reaction score
Ok so I did not have a clear call notifications button...but I have a new development. My phone did the OTA update for 2.3.3 buuuuttttt still my voicemail notification continues to remain on screen no matter what I do

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Tillmorn

Reaction score
So, had to do a nandroid restore after getting frustrated with trying to figure out which process I had frozen with TiBu that was causing my Contacts app to FC whenever I tried to add a new contact. Afterwards, a Voicemail notification showed up, checked it, and there's nothing there. How can I clear said notification from my bar since:

1) Bionic does not have a "clear voicemail notification" button under call settings
2) I don't have an old "dumb" phone to pull the Sprint trick (if that would even work for Verizon)
3) Clearing the cache/force stopping voicemail/dialer/etc does nothing.

Also, there's an option to turn off voicemail notifications through your voicemail options while calling it, but that does nothing as well. Got any ideas?

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Well, I figured out the answer for myself should this happen to anyone else. Simply have someone else leave you a voicemail, and after checking it/deleting it, the notification should disappear. If for some reason that doesn't work, two voicemail messages being left will do the trick, as that was actually how it happened for me.

deborah3756

Reaction score
My phone shows that there is a voicemail message. I retrieved the message and closed out of voicemail but the indicator still shows that there is a message waiting.

Did soft and hard reset but the indicator still shows a message waiting.

I have a non rooted phone.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try rebooting into recovery and wipe cache...

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

DaleJrFanInTexas

Reaction score
I have a stock DX RUNNING gingerbread. And a few days ago my V'MAIL icon arrived. I have no messages and its still there. I did a power off and back on. I did a battery pull, still its staring back at me. Help in N.E. Texas

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Kas84

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I need some help. I have Google Voice installed on my device but sometimes I get the old voicemail notification telling me to dial *86. At times, I mistakingly hit the button and it dials unbeknownst to me. So I've been getting a lot of annoying voicemails from myself of garbled BS throughout the day. Very annoying and obnoxious. Any idea how to turn notifications for this off? I'm at my breaking point. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums