Voicemail Notification, No Messages

Phillipsave

Reaction score
I have a phone voicemail notification in my top notification bar, but no messages. I deleted all of my previous saved voicemails, rebooted the phone and did a battery pull on my stock X, no luck, I can't clear the notification. When I click on the notification, it goes to my voicemail box, which says I have no messages. How can I get rid of it?

liferefugee

Reaction score
pull the shade down and use the clear button. if that doesnt work, perhaps killing the notification thread and rebooting?

OP
Phillipsave

Phillipsave

Reaction score
Lifer, thanks, but none of that worked. I've been clearing messages since I got my original Droid last November, this is first time the phone notification won't clear, on the X.

liferefugee

Reaction score
hmm, would have thought killing the thread would have worked. Guess a call to VZ is in your future?

Gkope

Reaction score
Have you tried leaving yourself a voicemail? Then check and delete the message. See if that clears it.

OP
Phillipsave

Phillipsave

Reaction score
I called Verizon tech support twice, first time no help, second time problem was solved, somehow mysteriously. Thanks folks.

liferefugee

Reaction score
I guess the powers that be decided that my not understanding your issue was not right.... so they gave me the same problem. The second call you made to VZ support, happen to recall what they did or if they even did anything?

OP
Phillipsave

Phillipsave

Reaction score
Sorry, don't remember. I think they turned the notification feature off and back on the first time, through the phone message settings, then called and left a message from another phone the second time, and when I deleted the new message from the phone, it cleared up, but not entirely sure. I searched some old threads and there were a couple that were helpful but can't locate them at the moment.

liferefugee

Reaction score
so after playing with it a bit, I figured it out. Since I am typically using Google Voice for my voicemail, but the message went to my VZ voicemail instead, that is what was causing the issue. The phone thought to check messages I needed to go to my GV number, which is what the notification showed. With this setting in place, using *86 doesnt work to get to the VZ Vm section.

Long story short, to clear the notification, I had to drop the GV VM setup and access my VZ VM area where the message was actually sitting. With that cleared up, you can then resetup GV VM.