voicemail dialing

lindaneedshelp

Reaction score
Is there a way to update the voicemail widget so that it dials the voicemail AND enters your password so that you don't have to do anything other than tell it to call voice mail? I come from blackberry and my phone was programmed this way?

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
as far as I know there is no way around entering your password each time you check your voicemail..
its one of their security features..

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I don't use the widget, but if there is a way to edit the number it dials, make it dial this; "*86...(pin)" include the periods as those act as a pause.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
L

lindaneedshelp

Reaction score
I don't use the widget, but if there is a way to edit the number it dials, make it dial this; "*86...(pin)" include the periods as those act as a pause.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

yes...I figured out how to do this, and also how to try and edit the voicemail widget to dial that way....but cannot get the edited version to stick in the widget - keeps reverting to *86 only

local17bri

Reaction score
I found a way to work around this by creating a direct dial shortcut to dial voicemail.
First, from the home page press munu>settings>call settings>voicemail settings. Then change the voicemail number from "*86" to "*86,(your password)#,1"
Next, long press on a homescreen>shortcuts>direct dial>navigate to voicemail.
A new icon similar to the voicemail widget will appear on the screen. you should be able to press it and dial voicemail without having to enter your voicemail password.

Last edited:

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
that worked stellar thanks for your help