Voicemail access...

mtnangler

Reaction score
Hi all, I LOVE my Droid. Not having any of the issues others have, GPS works great, battery cover secure, etc.

I do have one question though. On my Treo, I could program an auto dial to voicemail to include a pause, and then have it automatically enter my password. So just one 'click', and I could listen to voicemail. On the Droid, I haven't been able to figure this out. Is there a way to do this from the voicemail button on the phone app? Or is should I just create a 'Favorite' number and dial it from there? It would be really convenient to do it from the main phone screen...

Thanks in advance, sorry if it's been answered, I tried the search and didn't find anything.

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
I think it's:

*86,1234#

[Settings > Call Settings > Voicemail Settings > Voicemail number.]

Obviously, replace 1234 with your passcode.

OP
M

mtnangler

Reaction score
No, tried that, it doesn't work. Any other suggestons?

dek9219

Reaction score
You have to put pauses in before you put the # sign and the password in.

*86pp#passcode

without the pauses it won't enter your passcode

ltfrakes

Reaction score
You have to put pauses in before you put the # sign and the password in.

*86pp#passcode

without the pauses it won't enter your passcode

Sorry, this may be an obvious answer for you, but how can I enter 'P' when the text editor is set on numbers? I tried screen and keyboard entry, but the 'P' key enters a 0, or a + if you hold down the key.

ltfrakes

Reaction score
Thanks Boris, that worked for me too. Also went into the default contact for "Voicemail" and edited the phone number there.

iamdroid

Reaction score
i recently changed my voicemail number from the default *86 to just 1, but it doesn't seem to be working at all. i can't access my voicemail -- i just keep getting "your voicemail cannot be reached at this time." what's wrong? what can i do? i just can't figure it out...

thanks in advance