Voice search issues

naveedapk

Reaction score
Hi
Guys this is my first time asking a question on a forum
Just have a question about Droid Voice search.
I think on some other smart phones there is some type of app or utility that can pair up your voice with your phone . What i mean to say that right now on my droid if i say " Call Jay" it always brings up the wrong thing but i had some other people say the same thing at same speed and it does come up. Is there a way i can train my phone with my voice or something like that?

Thanks

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
I don't know of any apps, perhaps others will chime in with that, but I have noticed that my Droid has gotten better as I've used it. The first time I used it for voice dial, I said "call Marcia" (wife's name) and got 6 matches to choose from. Second time, 3 matches, now it just calls her.

I don't know if it's me or the phone that's gotten trained :D Maybe I've learned to say her name more clearly when using voice search. The other possibility (simple heuristic) would be to look first in previous calls/voice searches, see what was selected and go for that first. That way names/things that were searched for in the past would be given preference.

At any rate, I have noticed that it's gotten better.

Jlogan

Reaction score
When I try to voice call, it only searches the web and not my contacts. I have the contacts button checked in settings for the search but no luck. Where else can I check?

CaryH

Reaction score
Hopefully this will help those that might have the same problem of not being able to Voice Dial using the regular Voice Search (Not the Voice Dialer). I had verified that I was syncing my Contacts with my Google Contacts and it was fairly obvious because I could see all the same Contacts on my Droid. I also verified that my Contacts were "checked" in my searchable items but whenever I would say: "Call John Doe at Mobile" it would just take me to the Google Search browser page searching for: Call John Doe at Mobile. It wouldn't search through the 300+ contacts I had in my Google Contacts.

***The problem is that your individual Contacts in Google Contacts need to be in your "My Contacts" group not just the "All Contacts" group. Once I moved all the contacts into the "My Contacts" group (or the "Friends" or "Family" groups which implicitly put them in the "My Contacts" group), the Voice Dialing through the Voice Search works better that using the Voice Dialer since it dials directly rather than having to select a narrowed down selection list.

I'm so glad I finally got this to work and it makes the voice dialing really worth while.

fatasian

Reaction score
THIS.......thx

***The problem is that your individual Contacts in Google Contacts need to be in your "My Contacts" group not just the "All Contacts" group. Once I moved all the contacts into the "My Contacts" group (or the "Friends" or "Family" groups which implicitly put them in the "My Contacts" group), the Voice Dialing through the Voice Search works better that using the Voice Dialer since it dials directly rather than having to select a narrowed down selection list.

I'm so glad I finally got this to work and it makes the voice dialing really worth while.

Vladimir

Reaction score
if you click on contacts first, and then say, call "Jim - Mobile " it should do what you are asking it to do.