voice recognition and voice control list of commands?

angelman

Reaction score
I am loving the voice recognition in general. It can be a bit random at times, sometimes it understands perfectly and some times not.
I tried some obvious things like call <name> which most often works. I wondered what other commands I could give. I tried "play music" and "play music party mix" but that just did a google search for those things.
I am also a little confused how to use voice search with navigation.
I managed to get it to navigate to a location. I just said "navigate <address>" after a few tries it worked. Whilst driving I then wanted to know the location of the nearest Wholefoods market. I tried "find nearest wholefoods market", it changed the navigation view to show all wholefoods markets in california. I did manage to get it to find jamba juice and then when it reverted to navigation view it showed all the jamba juices on my route which was great.
I like the phone but feel totally out of control, sometimes I get it to do cool things and sometimes not. I wish there were some quick ways to jump in and out of navigation mode especially while driving.
Anyone got a list of recognised voice commands?

OP
A

angelman

Reaction score
Sorry. I don't. Understand what does qtf mean

suzukimethod

Reaction score
"map of" is the 3rd one I know of.

Try "map of taco bell"
vs.
"Navigate to Taco bell"

:)

you should probably sub "jamba juice" for t-bell. I just had that on the brain, b/c I tried "map of Mexican Restaurants", and it spat out a bunch of t-bell locations....

melucci

Reaction score
There are more voice commands, but how many?

I accidently discovered that nearly any app or menu item can be started by voice dial. Just start Voice Dial and say "Browser", or "Contacts", etc. and a dialogue box comes up asking you to select the operation. "Open Music" works too.

Many settings work like "Location & Security Settings". Even some hidden settings like "Proxy".

I'm wondering if there are other hidden commands. Is there a list anywhere?

bronskrat

Reaction score
If you say "VPN" you can get to your APN settings. Good for setting up adblock for your browser.

inkyhands

Reaction score
I was recently trying to to do a little research about this and found the voice command "Open Battery Info". Gives a nice little screen about your battery.

And a funny thing I did... In an article about voice commands, they used "Map of Gas Stations" as an example. I tried it and it mis-heard my command as "Map of Death". Searching for death? This ought to be good.... It came up with the Google Map with my county's Department of Vital Statistics:Birth and Death Records. Made me chuckle, so I though I'd share. :biggrin:

New Droid Owner and Death-Mapper Extraordinaire - Inky