Voice Search Help

hollywood1

Reaction score
I have the Razr Maxx and today I watched a Youtube video comparing the Razr to the iPhone 4s. In a section of the video voice searches were being compared

[video=youtube;9JXIIieyRI0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JXIIieyRI0[/video]
3min and 35 seconds in

The Razr in the video would execute voice commands. Example, when asked what is 2+2 the phone would respond with a web page showing the answer 4, When told to navigate to Chicago, IL the phone would launch navigation.

I tried the exact same searches as done in the video and my phone required me to press "go". After pressing "go" my phone did not launch navigation when told to navigate to a Chicago, IL. The phone would simply search Google for Chicago, IL. My wife's phone exhibited the same behavior as my phone. Is there a setting to enable automatic execution of voice searches and commands?

OP
H

hollywood1

Reaction score
Well, I figured it out. We using the Google search widget, search will execute commands and actions. Using voice search by selecting the magnifying glass then selecting to microphone to perform voice searches does not execute commands or display results without pressing "go".