Vlingo for Android Devices!

flwalt

Reaction score
Very excited Vlingo is coming! Will be first in line to buy full release.. PLEASE incorporate "note to self" from the Blackberry version. I used that constantly ! Thank you ! Walt

nightfishing

Reaction score
I really enjoyed vlingo on my BB's, but their business practices really rubbed me the wrong way.

It honestly bordered on extortion. I don't mind paying for an app, I don't even mind pay $10 for an app, but asking me to pay over and over is just piss poor marketing.

orangepeel

Reaction score
I really enjoyed vlingo on my BB's, but their business practices really rubbed me the wrong way.

It honestly bordered on extortion. I don't mind paying for an app, I don't even mind pay $10 for an app, but asking me to pay over and over is just piss poor marketing.

Same here. Every little update was like $20...atleast that's the way it was on my BB Storm.I know I wasn't forced to but the upgrade,but they could find a more fair upgrade price like $5-$7.

DroidxRage

Reaction score
if you were in on the beta, you would've gotten an email/survey stating you'd never have to pay for Vlingo.

FWIW one of the questions was how much would I pay, I think I said $4 maximum with a little more functionality.

Last edited:

nygh

Reaction score
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA This is amazing!!!!!!! Goodbye Swype!!!!!!

Phone Man

Reaction score
Thanks a millions for the instructions to get Vlingo. This was my favorite app on my Storm1. I contacted Vlingo about getting the beta version and they said that they are no longer releasing the beta.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use Swiftkey which is by far my favorite keyboard.. and it has no voice button.

I tested it out on the HTC keyboard and it wouldn't let me default to it.

I did use it on the stock keyboard and it was not as accurate as Google.

The Widget is very useful however and I've put it on my screen.

mitchb2

Reaction score
I would pay the $10 if I hadn't read here that they charge for future updates. Screw that.

griz8791

Reaction score
It's pretty nifty when it works. Sometimes it doesn't. About half the time I'll dictate a text and it will correctly identify the recipient AND correctly read back my dictation . . . and then fill the outgoing text box with the LAST message I dictated (and have already sent) instead of the current message.

Is this happening to anyone else? I am using Handcent for texting.