Vlingo for Android Devices!

Very excited Vlingo is coming! Will be first in line to buy full release.. PLEASE incorporate "note to self" from the Blackberry version. I used that constantly ! Thank you ! Walt

I really enjoyed vlingo on my BB's, but their business practices really rubbed me the wrong way.

It honestly bordered on extortion. I don't mind paying for an app, I don't even mind pay $10 for an app, but asking me to pay over and over is just piss poor marketing.

I really enjoyed vlingo on my BB's, but their business practices really rubbed me the wrong way.

It honestly bordered on extortion. I don't mind paying for an app, I don't even mind pay $10 for an app, but asking me to pay over and over is just piss poor marketing.

Same here. Every little update was like $20...atleast that's the way it was on my BB Storm.I know I wasn't forced to but the upgrade,but they could find a more fair upgrade price like $5-$7.

if you were in on the beta, you would've gotten an email/survey stating you'd never have to pay for Vlingo.

FWIW one of the questions was how much would I pay, I think I said $4 maximum with a little more functionality.

Last edited:
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA This is amazing!!!!!!! Goodbye Swype!!!!!!

Thanks a millions for the instructions to get Vlingo. This was my favorite app on my Storm1. I contacted Vlingo about getting the beta version and they said that they are no longer releasing the beta.

I use Swiftkey which is by far my favorite keyboard.. and it has no voice button.

I tested it out on the HTC keyboard and it wouldn't let me default to it.

I did use it on the stock keyboard and it was not as accurate as Google.

The Widget is very useful however and I've put it on my screen.

I would pay the $10 if I hadn't read here that they charge for future updates. Screw that.

It's pretty nifty when it works. Sometimes it doesn't. About half the time I'll dictate a text and it will correctly identify the recipient AND correctly read back my dictation . . . and then fill the outgoing text box with the LAST message I dictated (and have already sent) instead of the current message.

Is this happening to anyone else? I am using Handcent for texting.

Back