Vlingo for Android Devices!

Royal2000H

Reaction score
Great app. Hopefully you won't charge for updates as reported above. Since there's a representative from Vlingo here, here are some things I'd like to see.

Safereader:
-Option in settings that would make Vlingo pause music before announcing message.
-Option in settings to turn off reading the sender.
I use Google Voice with SMS forwarding on. So the sender is a random 406 number (ie, 4065551234) and the message body is "Sender Name - Hey how are you". So the message sender is useless.
-Can you integrate Gmail into the built in Gmail? No sense wasting twice the battery power fetching Gmail from two sources.

Commands:
-Open/Launch an app does not work for me. Instead I get web searches. Ie, "Open Market"
-Oddly enough I've searched things and absolutely nothing has happened. A recent one was when I tried "Open Gallery." Vlingo listened and then nothing happened.

Finally, I think integration with Swype that you talked about would be great. As I mentioned previously, I use Google Voice, so I'm unable to text people with my voice using the "Text" command. And since I use Swype, I can't dictate straight into the keyboard.
I would also suggest integration with Google Voice, but I doubt that would happen.

thehirsches

Reaction score
Vlingo for the BB is $20 so cutting that in half is nice.

My gripe is that I was a user on my storm, paid for all the various upgrades and such and now that I am on a droid, they don't offer any kind of transefer of license or discount for those changing devices.

I loved it on the Storm, but this shoddy customer appreciation is really rubbing me wrong.

solorca

Reaction score
The biggest issue I have with Vlingo is that Yahoo is the default search page. If there is a way to change it to Google, I haven't been able to find it.

Other than that, it's pretty good. I don't think it offers enough over the native text to speech that I would consider paying $10-20 for it.

Droid Incred

Reaction score
question - need help

Hello -

I am new to Droid as well as Vlingo. I bought a blueant q2 - headset reads what I'm saying very clearly - only problem is it directly links from the headset to the phone and uses the phone's standard voice recognition - so he capabilities are very limitied (basically can just call from the headset). I was wondering if there was a way that when I use my blueant q2 phone commands it pulls up Vlingo instead of the default app on the phone - this way I will be able to do way more voice recognition things, such as "message" from my headset and all that Vlingo has to offer.

Also - is there a way to automatically send messages after Vlingo interpretates? I understand this could be counter intuitive if there are errors in decoding the words to text, you'd want to fix before you send but it would be nice if it just send it was well so you can do things through your headset.

Thanks,

OP
D

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Hello -

I am new to Droid as well as Vlingo. I bought a blueant q2 - headset reads what I'm saying very clearly - only problem is it directly links from the headset to the phone and uses the phone's standard voice recognition - so he capabilities are very limitied (basically can just call from the headset). I was wondering if there was a way that when I use my blueant q2 phone commands it pulls up Vlingo instead of the default app on the phone - this way I will be able to do way more voice recognition things, such as "message" from my headset and all that Vlingo has to offer.

Thanks,

Not 100% sure on this but im pretty sure you can set vlingo as your default search if you hold down the search button on your phone and than set it as the primary app that may work, but like I said im not 100% sure of that.

pjo1966

Reaction score
Hello -

Thanks,

Not 100% sure on this but im pretty sure you can set vlingo as your default search if you hold down the search button on your phone and than set it as the primary app that may work, but like I said im not 100% sure of that.

That is correct.

rjax

Reaction score
The above is true for a long-press of the search button... However, I don't believe there's a way for Vlingo to start by pressing your Bluetooth headset button. If you really want to use your Bluetooth headset button instead of the long-press on the search button, try Choice Dialer from the Market.

Droid Incred

Reaction score
Thank you - stinks it wont do that. Isn't Vlingo supposed to read your incoming texts through your bluetooth? That is why I bought the blueant q2 to use with my droid incredible. How do I set that up?

Basecad

Reaction score
Vlingo Won't Respond Thru My Bluetooth

I have Vlingo InCar running on my new Droid2 using a Motorola H17 bluetooth. Vlingo can hear my commands thru the H17, but it responds thru the Droid's speaker instead of thru my bluetooth. How can I change this? Even the Droid's standard voice commands software talks back to my bluetooth.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Making Vlingo default on Search

I saw the screen pop up to make Vlingo default, but before I could press anything the regular search window covered it. Now I can't get it to pop up at all.

Anyone know a trick to fix this?

Basecad

Reaction score
Getting Vlingo to Default

Not sure what you mean by "get Vlingo to default."