Vlingo for Android Beta

cmvlingo

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Vlingo is a voice recognition app (already available for BB, Nokia, and iPhone) that lets you speak to search, send texts, speak into any textbox, and more.

We're getting Vlingo for Android ready and we are running a beta test. If anyone is interesting in participating you can sign up here:

Vlingo for Android - Beta Signup Survey

We should have the app out to people that signed up sometime next week. Really interested in getting your feedback!

DroidxRage

Reaction score
I signed up... I hope you guys are able to add functionality to the already good voice recognition options Android offers. (ie: voice controlled navigation, phone search, text input, etc.)

Look forward to seeing what you guys came up with. :)

OP
C

cmvlingo

Reaction score
I signed up... I hope you guys are able to add functionality to the already good voice recognition options Android offers. (ie: voice controlled navigation, phone search, text input, etc.)

We have text input now, and we're going to try to add as many other things as we can. Very interested to hear if there are things we didn't think of that could be useful (phone search is a good idea...)

DroidxRage

Reaction score
CM - I suggest grabbing an N1 as it has the most stock voice recognition features available by default... good for a comp. Or get a rooted droid so you can see the 2.1 voice app if you haven't yet.

Most android phones can do a voice search for any apps, contacts, basically anything on the phone. Think of it as a FIND for windows, just done by voice.

AFAIK, we can't completely automate the SMS or EMail functions though, even on my rooted Droid running 2.1 OS. I would assume you have that covered, however.

We are able to say "Navigate to blah blah" and have it pull up the GPS with coordinates. Some simple commands like this work by default.

thevictor390

Reaction score
Looks cool and I'd like to sign up, but it's impossible to use any of the "other" fields! I have a Sprint HTC Hero.