Vlingo: A most have speech to action app

ironLotus

Reaction score
I really want to use this for Note to self but it opens up a web browser instead of sending a message to... myself. I saw on their website that you need to set up the type of message and where to send it, but my options don't have those settings. Any ideas?

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I really want to use this for Note to self but it opens up a web browser instead of sending a message to... myself. I saw on their website that you need to set up the type of message and where to send it, but my options don't have those settings. Any ideas?
Well, the good news (maybe you know) is that the Google Search already does this--e.g., "Note to self--buy milk!" The bad news: it doesn't create a note, but rather creates an email message addressed to you! :icon_evil:

-Matt

Dcon87

Reaction score
Anyone have this working on a D1 on Verizon? I keep getting a "Cannot connect to server" error when trying to use it. My browser finds the server just fine.

Im on droid1 it works fine for me. I have had it on both ShadowRom and now on MIUI

cleopete

Reaction score
I just want an app that can respond to "Open Pandora" and "skip". If I try Open Pandora with this one it just brings up the browser and searches for open pandora. Bummer.

Yeah, me too. Vlingo is really the best voice activated browser-opener I've ever used, but that's about all it does on my DX.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Thanks for the heads up on this app, it works fine on my D1 with VZ. from what I can tell with the short time I've had it.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Thanks, I was wondering about that. I have a spare now have to remember to carry it LOL.